You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

World Coconut Day on September 2

Today (September 2)is observing as "World Coconut Day". Kerala is the place which famous for the availability of coconut trees. Our 'Kalpa Vriksham' "Thengu", we know that every part of this tree is useful to us. But can we now look the coconut tree as our favorite tree. Everyone wants to settled with big house, car, job with gives a social status etc. All are fine, but don't forget about our nature. Coconut tree cultivation is now not that much popular in Kerala. There was a time where coconut cultivation in every house surroundings. Now people buy coconut from Market. As we know coconut is an ingredient in major of our curries. So we should have to cultivate it as our own fields. Coconut oil is also an essential ingredient in kitchen.

I am proud that in my house there are coconut trees. That credit is not for me, these trees are look-after by my father and mother. We usually make coconut oil from our own coconuts. But now I decide to plant atleast 2 coconuts to be for growing in my field.. Like me how many of you can proud of having the wealth of coconut trees around your house. Discuss here and that should be an initiative for other members to do like us.
    Keep the wealth of pure coconut..

Thanks
    Hi Prashob,
    First of all i am thank to you for sharing new information about world coconut day.This world coconut day i would like add some advantages of coconut trees and current situations of coconut trees.Coconut trees have much importance in our day life.Because coconut oil is the main product from coconuts.While producing coconut oil we will get oil cake as by product ,which can use as food of cows.Coconut milk and pure coconut are used to make food products.But the scenario completely different in present days,More peoples cuts coconut trees and farm Rubber plants.This is very pain full fact ,it will lead increase of coconut oil price.
    But our Government already introduce some marvelous schemes for protection of coconut trees.Subsidy for fertilizers and free distribution of fertilizers are some of this
    My request is don't destroy our green vegetation.
    With regards
    Ajmal.v

Delete Attachment

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.