You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

God’s own country or (Pit’s own country)

Are we safe in our roads?
    Yesterday I travelled through Sangumugham-Veli road on bike. It was raining, that road was not at all tarred properly. When I found a "Kulam" in the road I got troubled to pass it. I thought I have luck.. Haha, because I went through it without any danger.

It's not a funny matter, I know. This is not also an isolated problem. Everywhere in Kerala this pits are a major threat. I am not blaming every road of Kerala, but some have problems. Main issues are: - the contractors are not maintaining quality while tarring, due to that within weeks the new road gets damaged. Government or Corporation should check whether the road work is progressing properly. And the other problem when new tarring should completed, water, phone, cable etc all departments will start their work as soon as they can.

Think once, how many of us have life surety while traveling through this kind of roads. This problem is high during rainy season and at night. Keep in mind while traveling.

Thanks
    It is true that the condition of most of the roads in major cities in Kerala is very bad.From Manorama news channel programme ' ehe kuzhiyum kadannu' got a clear picture of the present condition of roads.This is not a new problem as we are facing it for a long time and nobody to find a good solution for this.There is no strict rule for checking the quality of the road work and so the contractors do as they wish .More over there is the need of new technologies for such works that is suitable for our climatic conditions.

Hi prashob
    It is a true fact regarding our roads.In Kerala roads are become life hunter of peoples.Most of roads in Kerala including national High ways are under such a bad condition.Most of case unexpected pits become death pits of two wheeler drivers.This bad condition of road will affect our state ,First of all our development state and badly affect imports and exports of goods,Time delay in distribution.
    To avoid this condition Democratic parties Come forward with support of local peoples,This bad situation shown to world through different medias.Conduct public awareness to stimulate peoples.
    with regards
    Ajmal

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.