You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Respond to this photograph and pen down your views

This photo shows a post box amidst a garden back drop. Pleas share your thoughts on this.

K Mohan
    Please find the photo here.
    Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

Delete Attachment

The Post Box is aptly placed in a green pasture. This Box now a days is mostly used by young generation for posting their Resume to Companies / Firms not only in Kerala, but also outside Kerala. This is so (without underestimating the public who used to depend on the Box in earlier times) today as most of the communications are instantaneously done with electronic gadgets and get responses immediately. Hence, my observation is that this type of Box is mainly used by Job Seekers. The Box is aptly placed in Green pasture (though the green area is dry here) as the box contain applications in search of 'new pasture lands'
    by our young Job seekers.

Sreekumar Nair
    Trichur

"Proud to be an indian"

NO & YES are two short words, which need a long thought..., most of the things we miss in life are due to saying NO too soon or YES too late. Have a great day.

Sreekumar Nair thanks for responding to this thread in a nice manner. I always have the habbit of capturing such images which interest very much. And this photo has impressed me very much and hence i shared with the world. But you gave a very good narration for this image and that has enhanced my view point.

K Mohan

Hi K Mohan

It is very interesting that you want to discuss about a picture. Really it is good thought to discuss on a picture. As we know about this Post Box Picture. This is a medium of transferring of letter, post card in olden days. Now a days In the developing age we all have Mobile Phone all most. So this time we share our message through mobile phones. Now a days these post box is mostly used by job seekers who send their application through it.

I am telling some interesting things about Post box. In United States and Canada it is known as collection box, mailbox, post box, or drop box. It is a physical box into which people can deposit their outgoing letter and others. The post box is also known as letter box.

With Regards
    Gopal Singh Rawat
    SPK(SpiderKerala).

Gopal Singh Rawat while i thank you for responding to this thread with other details you have not commented on the looks and what it sounds to you by seeing it. Please respond again and i wish to have your comments on this.

Thats a good photograph indeed. Congrats!
    There was a time when people saw postman as a great messenger - who passed them their appointment orders, interview letters, telegrams, love letters, letters for the wife from the poor husbands abroad etc etc. The list was endless! But now the situations changed. It just became an antique piece in most places.Who cares these and the post man? no one is bothered about the 'snail mail' and just go behind the e mails and superfast couriers!

Your photograph gave us a chance to remember those golden days when people used to wait near the post box and for the post man to see whether they hav got any!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.