You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Latest Kerala News

Corrupted Rulers-Any solution?

It is the time to think about the remedial measures to stop the corruption among the rulers and governing body. As we know from the media, the corruption is everywhere, whether it is judges, lawyers, ministers, police, doctors or politicians. Where can we get the justice, if the things are like this ? If there is someone to show or point the currupted personality, all other people are blaming the poiter by saying that, others are also corrupted, instaed of blocking the corrupted person.
    Ibrahim K A yes you are very much right that every one who occupies the higher seats in politics or administration are corrupted. Earliers officers used to be sincere but now they are more corrupted and we often seen officials in the net of ACB raids. Its people to be blamed. We have the habit of balming the officials for getting a work done and they are shameless to accept it.

K Mohan

Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

Talking about corruption its everywhere .The only way to stop it is by the common people that is Us.When we go to a government office for a particular document and the concerned officer is making us run more than the specified time then what we should do is report to the concerned authority to take step to prevent that in future,but what happens usually is we give some money to the officers and get it done easily thus making it a practice for them to make others also run so that they will get money.In this case the Officer is the ruler and when he is getting money all others below him also take the same route for getting money.

Hi Ibrahim,

I always finding you here with some good sensational issues. It is a great pleasure to see that you are seeking for the solution too for that problems. Let me tell you one solution,

There is no preventing force to oppose the corruption, Simply they have no problem in their inner mind with doing corruption and receiving probes. And they escapes from judiciary by using loop holes in our democratic system.

I think the full credit of implementing moral values in society goes to religions. They can implement and guide human beings for doing good things and preventing from wrong deeds. Here also they are responsible to remove and cure the widely spread corruption and probe disease.

Thanks for this thread. Expect more..

With regards,
    Hamza Palengara.

Excellent and very relevant topic.
    Let me start with a simple question-is corruption a unique feature of kerala society?The fact is that we have get used to corruption whether it is a 2 digit figure or 5 digit figure.Next important question is why we don't protest against corruption?Let me quote two lines from the poem"Andrea Del Sarto" by Robert Browning:
    "In this world, who can do a thing , will
    not ;
    And who would do it , cannot".
    Those people who can stop corruption,won't do it and those who wants to end this,cannot do it.Thats the answer.In our country those who have money or those who are in emergency, directly tolerate and indirectly nurture this human disease.Those have nots just go for alternative ways and so tolerate it.
    One solution-better transparency through Right To Information act.Through this the powers that the common men possess as enshrined in the constitution come back to his hands.Empower the hands of common men,make him realise what his bargaing power is,enable him to bargain his rights and privileges.
    we are not in Ramrajya.we cant wait for saviours to end what is torturing us.

Hello

Corruption is the Greatest enemy for any country. We can fight with others very easily but it is some difficult to finish it between us because now a days every one is going to run fast then other so He can do anything so he is meeting with the corruption. But to remove corruption between us is difficult but not impossible.

Baba Swami Ramdev is travelling all over to remove the corruption why?
    The reason of it that he knows very well in case of corruption in our Politics is removed by a simple men or public of India so he is trying to awake the country. Swami Ramdev has initiated a movement named "Bharat Swabhiman" with the help of activist and social promoter intellectual Rajiv Dixit who gives speeches with the intention of eradicating corruption, crime, poverty from India with an aim to transform it into a World Power. So we should also ready to remove corruption from our country.

With Regards
    Gopal Singh Rawat
    SPK(SpiderKerala).

For more Tips

Corruption is the greatest enemy for our country. We can fight with others.

Manu has given the right response: the buck stops with us, the people. Why do we give bribes in the first place? Bribery has become so much part of getting things done that we more often than not simply assume that without paying a bribe we won't get that work done!

In fact, we are encouraging corruption in myriad ways: You get stopped by a traffic policeman for speeding. Instead of paying the fine, you bribe the policeman; there is a long waiting list for getting a gas cylinder. Instead of patiently waiting your turn, you go the gas retail outlet and bribe the person in charge to send a cylinder to your home right away; the movie theater shows a Housefull Board for the day/week. Instead of waiting to visiting again for the next day/week's shows, you pay for ticket selling in black.
    - aren't these all acts of corruption?!

Perhaps the Jan Lokpal Bill India will weed out corruption in high places - but what about corruption by the aam janta?

It is hoped that we, the aam janta of India, wake up to our own corrupt ways before we start pointing fingers at those in authority.

Regards,
    Vandana

HI IBRAHIM,

I am in resonance with your view about the current corrupted political scenario.As long as we ,the common people, remain shut hoping some 'superman' to come and clean out all of our corrupted bureaucracy everything will remain the same.In my opinion what we need is

(1)True volunteers to work for our country.

This is especially relevant in recent times.For the current elections itself people have no hope in the any of candidates ultimately making them to give up their votes.And taking the words of founder of 'WIKILEAKS' Julian Assange-
    "I see that the world is my world and I am unhappy that my world has injustice in it.I think it is less of a world and it makes me sad to see those things in it .I want to be happy, so I want to make the world more just."
    Yes, we do need more volunteers.

(2)To realize its we who are losing and never be dumb to injustice.
    let's together hope and work for a corruption free future.

safvan p

Since the topic is current and hot there are many members who have given their comments. Many of the comments are relevant.

However, let us ,make an introspection. I agree with Ms Vandana when she says "we are encouraging corruption in myriad ways: You get stopped by a traffic policeman for speeding. Instead of paying the fine, you bribe the policeman; there is a long waiting list for getting a gas cylinder...". It is also true what safvan p says."As long as we ,the common people, remain shut hoping some 'superman' to come and clean out all of our corrupted bureaucracy everything will remain the same".

What is needed is action from our side. Let us not think of those who are paying bribes, but stop paying from our side.

We also have to take into account of the following points before we conclude an action as corruption or technical lapse. Every issue will have at least 2 sides if not more. There is the say that the slate or paper or coin has 2 sides. We should try to understand all the sides involved before concluding, instead of only reading the side in front of us. We should turn to the other side/s and see the truth.

There may be incidents of somebody trying to pin his detrctors or enemies. The best examples of this category are the DMK and the AIADMK. Both the parties are having the full resources and technics used in the films. In films you will find duplicates doing difficult things for the heroes or other actors. But those who see the scenes cannot make out that the action is done by a duplicate. It will appear to be done by the main artist concerned. If DMK wants to disgrace AIADMK, they may catch hold of somebody from the AIADMK to act on their behalf as if they are doing the act at the behest of AIADMK. So is the case with the AIADMK against DMK. This is tru with all political parties.

At national level, we all know the video tape and the currency bundles issue, in the parliament, during the voting on the neuclear power isue.

Another point is that if anyone has to do anything in perfection, it will be impossible as the rules and regulations are so vague. Under the circumstances, if somebody takes a decision which happens to be a mistake, In the present way of doing things, the opposition or some disgruntled group of persons can create hell for those who took the decision. What will happen then? There will be no initiative to take decisions. @Will it not be disautrous to the country? I have working experience in a semi Government institution.

Therefore, we should consider any issue from all angles and arrive at the correct opinion instead of following the vociferous groups supported by the visual medias like the Television channels.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

This is a relevant and hot topic the whole wold is discussing seriously. In short the only one solution to this problem is to build our young generation as corruption free. We can make them to fight against all evils in this society. From the childhood itself, all of them must be lead to the right path since they are the rulers of tomorrow.

Each and every child learns his/her basic habits from the grown up people around them. So, we can be careful to avoid even the silly mistakes,silly lies to make a better society.
    We cannot eradicate the corruption with in a single second. It is possible only by forming a new generation.

Today's kids Tomorrow's leaders.

Thank you

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.