Shrimps are a kind of sea food normally kids like, therefore all mothers can try this as a evening snack for their children. If you are not a mother, don't worry as anyone will enjoy having this delicious snack. Shrimps and Prawns are almost the same, wherein Prawns are little bigger in size than shrimps. Hence this recipe is good for both Prawns cutlet and Shrimp cutlet. Read below to know about the method of preparation.
- Shrimps(Chemmeen) : 1/2Cup
- Potato : 1 No
- Onion : 2-3 Nos
- Green Chillies : 3 Nos
- Garlic : 3-4 Pods
- Ginger : A small piece
- Bread Crumbs : ¼ Cup
- Egg : 1 No
- Turmeric Powder : ½ Tsp
- Chili Powder : ¼ Tsp
- Garam Masala : 4 Tsp
- Salt : To taste
- Curry Leaves : 2 Sprig
- Coriander Leaves : 4 Sprigs
- Oil : ½ Cup
Method of Preparation :
- Clean and wash the shrimps thoroughly.
- Cook the shrimps separately by adding turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to it.
- Clean the potatoes and cook it well. It should be cooked in such a way that it can be smashed easily.
- Clean and chop the ingredients from 3rd – 6th.
- Heat a pan and pour ½ tsp oil into it. Then add the chopped ingredients and allow it to fry. Also add curry leaves and garam masala to it.
- When all the above steps are over, pour 1/2cup oil into a kadai or a deep frying pan and allow it to boil.
- Meanwhile mix the fried mixture along with the smashed potato, coriander leaves and cooked shrimps. Mix gently.
- Then make small balls out of it and make it into any shape as you wish.
- Dip the cutlets into beaten egg and roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Put them one by one in the boiling oil and deep fry.
- When the cutlets turn into golden brown color, off the flame and serve hot.
- Cutlets can be served along with Tomato Ketchup or hot sauce.
- Garnishing can be done using curry leaves, tomatoes or coriander leaves.
- Along with potato, green peas and carrots can be used.
- Instead of egg, corn flour can be used to dip the cutlet.