Kerala Travel & Tourism
Theme Parks in Kerala
Vismaya Water Theme Park Kannur
Theme Parks in Kerala
: 35 (
Vismaya water theme park kannur is one of the most enjoyable water park in Kerala which is situated in Parassinikadavu, Kannur. Read more to know the main attractions, rides, timings, rates, discounts, official website and other facilities that are available at Vismaya water theme park.
Vismaya water theme park
is one of the best amusement parks of India located near Taliparamba in Kannur, Kerala. The address for the park is Parassinikadavu in Kannur. A famous temple called Muthappan temple, where people worship Lord Sree Muthappan, is also located near the theme park. The unique feature of this temple is that it is the only Hindu temple in Kerala in which the Theyyam performance takes place daily as a ritual offering. Vismaya is managed by Malabar Tourism Development Co-operative Limited (MTDC). Opened in 2008, it have since been one of the most visited attraction by tourists in Kerala. The park spans across many acres and the water used for the rides are operated by rain water which is collected by the reservoir. The slogan or caption of Vismaya water theme park is 'Ullasam Ellarkkum' which means 'Fun for everyone'. The park has water and adventurous rides as well as some informative activities for the young ones.
main attractions in Vismaya water theme park
are the Virtual Waterfall and Laser show. Virtual waterfall is a waterfall where people can tap their feet and dance to a music which is played in the background. This attraction takes place only for an hour daily between 2pm to 3pm. The Laser Show is also another mesmerising performance in which laser beams are flashed across the park in specific ways. It is definitely a worth-watching and mind-blowing show. The entire water used in the park comes from reservoir which is spread over two acres of the park. The highlight of Vismaya park is the rain water harvesting project undertaken by the park. This feature makes it completely different from all the other theme parks in India. It is one of the environmental friendly water theme parks in the world. The park provides many facilities such as prayer halls, restaurants, conference halls, shops and dormitories.
Major rides at Vismaya Water Theme Park
- This is the ultimate fun water ride. It is a whirling ride which goes through a tube and the slides end up with a splash into the water.
- This is one of the most enjoyable rides in the theme park in which people of any age can splash against the waves and try to overpower them.
- This is a magical ride in which you will be swung high into the air and brought back to the ground. Surely a thrilling ride for adults.
- Colourful fish shaped trains will take you on a voyage which is interesting and thrilling for both adults and children.
- This is one of the most common rides in any amusement parks. While sitting in the cars of the giant wheel, you will be taken to zero gravity where you can feel your adrenaline raise to a high level. You can also see a huge part of Kannur city when you reach the top.
- This is a thrilling ride in which kids or even young adults can sit in the cars and bump into each other without any fear of crashing or hurting anyone.
- This is another wonderful ride in which you will be lifted up in the air and spun around weightless.
- This ride consists of huge enclosed tubes which are so long and you will wonder where the tunnel ends.
- Kids will enjoy this ride to the maximum. It is a bouncing ride which is sure to entertain your kids and keep them happy.
Facilities provided in Vismaya Water Theme Park
- People who want to de-stress and wish for some recreation and a place to offer your prayers to the Lord, the theme park provides a silent spacious room for prayers.
- If you wish to stay at Vismaya theme park and enjoy more days in the park, you can bring your belongings and beds and keep them in the dormitory provided by the park. A minimal fee of Rs 50 per head will be charged.
- The water theme park also provides restaurants which offer tasty Kerala-style food. You can make advanced booking of your table in the restaurant.
- The water theme park also provides a space for official meetings and for family get-togethers. The hall can be booked in advance.
Vismaya water theme park timings and rates
Weekdays - 11am to 6pm.
Holidays - 10.30am to 6pm.
Weekdays - Rs 300 for adults and Rs 225 for child
Holidays - Rs 375 for adults and Rs 275 for child
For 20 to 50 people - 10% discount
For 51 to 100 people - 15% discount
For 101 to 150 people - 20% discount
Above 150 people - 25% discount
How to reach Vismaya Water theme park
- 18kms (towards North) from Kannur and 8kms (towards South) from Taliparamba.
- Kannur has an exclusive railway station named Kannapuram which is around 11kms from park. Thus, it is well connected to all parts of Kerala and nearby states.
- The nearest airport to Kannur is located in Calicut. The airport is located at a distance of 26 kilometres from Calicut railway station. It takes almost one hour to reach Kannur from Calicut via train service.
Contact Address of Vismaya Water Theme Park
Vismaya Water Theme Park
Kannur - 670563
Tel - 0497 2782850, 2783800
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Official website of Vismaya water theme park
'Rock Theme Park' to come up in Kerala
Read related articles:
Theme Park in Kerala
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Vismaya Water Theme Park Kannur"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Cijo George Thomas
Awards & Gifts
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Last 7 Days
Binil James ...
Copyright © SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd., Kochi, India. All Rights Reserved.