You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

What is wrong with Sreesanth ?

Dear Members,

We all know Sreesanth is the first Malayali who was able to play in World Cup. We all expect something from him. But in the first match against Bangladesh, he is not as what we expected. He didn't take a wicket and also his economy is very bad. What is wrong with him? Can he come back in a good form ? I am sure he can come back in a good way in the coming matches. I think it is the unpredictability of his selection to the final players just before the match that caused him this. He can't prepare well before the match. What you think ?
    sreesanth is one of the best bowler in the squad, but there is a consistency problem with him.He is a lucky man and i hope that India will win the world cup with his performance in the coming matches.

Yes Sujith, I also hope like that. In the last 20-20 World Cup, India won the world cup with the last catch by Sreesanth. I expect such a performance here too.
    With Regards,
    Sobhana K.B

Hi Roshin

Sreesanth is a Good swing baller. In the first match against Bangladesh,Dhoni gave him an opportunity to ball the opening ball for india.but sreesanth cannot get his line and length.Tamim iqbal and imruel kayis punish him with boundaries.He is the very expensive baller in this match from indian side.After this match dhoni said that he will not take sreesanth in the coming matches.

Sreesanth is now resting in reserve benches. The other pace ballers in the team are Zaheer ,Nehra and munaf.Zaheer is the main pace baller. Nehra is not in form and he had an injury also.munaf ,he is not consistent.his bowling speed is an average of 126km/hr. this means sreesanth cold done the job of second medium pacer.sreesanth bowl always an average of 134 km/hr.

Don't measure a player through the first match against bangladesh. Give a chance to sreesanth. He can come back quickly. He is an Attacking Bowler.Indias sem is now with pakistan .munaf is not in form .so sreesanth should play in that match. Hoping sreesanth will play in ths semifinal match.

With Regards

Ranjith
    SPK(Spiderkerala).

Hi Ranjith, thanks for the response. What you said is very correct. Dont measure the performance of a player from only one match. Dhoni is in fear to change the members. Ashish Nehra is not in a good form and also the case of munaf. He can surely give sreesanth one more chance to prove his strengths. In the first match, he didn't got enough any training, he was not sure about the match. It is just before the match, he was included in the team. So he couldn't perform his regular attack bowling. So Dhoni can consider about give him a chance in the semi final match against Pakisthan. Let us hope for that and awaiting a good performance from Sreesanth.
    With Regards,
    Sobhana K.B

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.