You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Public disaster

Last day I was passing through the city center on my bike.As I passed beside a transport bus on a bus stop,I got washed by a sudden tobacco spat.I stopped my bike,turned around at the person.A middle aged man was sitting on the side seat with no emotions or regret.His mouth still full of tobacco was preparing for another round of tobacco cannon blast. I asked him about what he had done to me.I was only expecting a simple "sorry" from him but I was literally shocked by his response."What are you looking at?It's a public place.I spat on public road.What are you going to do for that?You don't own this place.Get the hell out of here"he shouted back at me.He talked as if he is authorised to make anyone his public spittoon.Unfortunatly no one came for my aid.The rest of the passengers and the "spectators" were apparently enjoying the scene.A sort of let go was their attitude.Putting my words into silence i left the place.

This was one of the public disaster I had to face recently.What does this incident show?I hope nobody here had to face any insult of this magnitude.Please share your experiences.

Ever tried.Ever failed.No matter.Try again.Fail again.Fail better.
    Spitting in public is the big menace and spitting from the running bus on to the passerby is the biggest crime and the person must be thrashed for his bad behaving. First of all chewing tobacco is prohibited in public place and then spitting on the passerby is another bad act. God should give them good sense.
    Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

Tobacco spitting in public is one of the issues but there are more potential areas of discussion in this article than it appears.

I actually wanted to emphasise the attitude of general public in many cases.Many a times I have seen "masterpiece" paintings on public properties.Some people take it for granted that the public transport buses are the best and effective medium to convey their artistic talent to the public.

Eventhough there is a ban on smoking in public places, the number of gas emitting funnels are still rampant.They throw fumes directly into our nostrills no matter how far we move from them.

The troubles posed by chewing gum eaters are on the rise in city centres.Instead of a green city the chewing gum eaters club make our city sticky city.They chew gums for one hour and then paste it in some "interesting" public spots.

We spent most of our time criticising either the government or the government policies.The law has got its limitations but what about the public.Most often its the spatters, artists, smokers and chewers are the one who preach about civic duties and responsibilities.If our general public had awareness and consensus against these public nuisances, then we would have created a country of our dreams.When will the public act as responsible citizens?

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.