You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

"How can we improve our English?" Discuss

Now a days English language is very important everywhere. So we should have capability of good English language. How can we improve it day by day?
    I think that we can improve our English language skill by practicing a lot. We all know very well that Practice makes a man perfect. What do you think for improving our English skill? Please give your valuable views here.
    Hello Gopal,
    While putting forward new threads in SPiderKerala it should carry informative messages that members can share. Regarding forum threads the member who post a thread should give his opinion in a detailed manner so as this will make members to contribute their view points. Just by posting a forum will not add up any thing here. So do remember while posting any more thread. Edit this post and give your explanation regarding the thread put forward.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

The method for improvement of English is like that of any other language. Firstly we should develop sincere interest in improving the language.

We should make it a point to go through the dictionary to get the full meaning of any word of which we are not very sure. Even if we are sure of the meaning it will be a good practice to go through the dictionary as it may give us other meanings/usages of the same word.

We should make it a point to carefully read the editorial of a very good English News Paper. We should also read articles of literary works. Try to understand what we read.

Use simple sentences as far as possible. Check for the spelling and grammer.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

Hello Mr Biju Cherian(Webmaster),
    Thanks for giving your valuable helping words for me. It gives me help in future. Everyday I am learning new thinks. These are very effective and useful for me day by day. I am trying to do my best here by my heart and mind.

Thanks to Mr Ramanathan A R also for giving some tips related to "How can we improve our English?"

With Regards,
    Gopal Singh Rawat

Hello Gopal,

Reading is the first step towards improving English skills. Simply reading the newspaper daily does help you to learn new words. Keep a dictionary handy while reading, so that you can look up the meaning of a word which you do not understand.

You may find these 2 resources useful:
    1. Improving your English

2. Improving your English Part II

Equally important is speaking English properly. Regarding this, please read my article: Pronunciations

Regards,
    Vandana

Gopal,

Since this thread is about improving English skills, I would like to help you to improve yours by correcting the Forum post. It should be posted like this:

Now a days English language is very important everywhere. So we should have the capability of good English language skills. How can we improve it day by day?

I think that we can improve our English language skills by practising a lot. We all know very well that practice makes a man perfect. What is your opinion on how to improve our English skills?

Please give your valuable views here.

Regards,
    Vandana

Dear Vandana,
    This type of correction is needed in most of the postings. Many do not take care of spelling as well as grammar. Present and past tenses are seen mixed up. It will be a good practice if possible corrections are done before posting.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.