You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Will Jayawardene’s exit affect Kochi Tuskers Kerala badly?

Kochi Tuskers Kerala have not been able to be at their very best so far in the IPL. Infact, they are second last in the score table, Delhi daredevils being at the last spot with the least points. One of the best batsman that KTK has is the Srilankan cricketer, Jayawardene who is also the captain of the team. Unfortunately, as many of us know by now, all the players of Srilanka have been called back to their country. In my opinion, this is going to be a big loss for all the teams because most of the Srilankan players are extremely good at their job. But the team which might be most affected is Kochi Tuskers Kerala since Jayawardene is the best player in their team, though I hope that I'm proved wrong. What is your view on this topic?
    Jayawardene is considered not only as the captian but the baack bone of KTK, him going from the team may cause a serious set back as well as there are more srilankan players in our team. Jayawardene is a classy player that every kerala player could have watched. Hope the set back is neutralised by our team soon.
    With regards,

Jithinsha

Delete Attachment

The withdrawal, at this time, of Jayawardene from K T K is definitly a loss to the team. However we need not consider that everything is lost.

Like in any matter, there is an element of luck in every walk of life including that of cricket. Of course, it is only a part, the major part being the competence of the players. By suitable replacement, training and practice it is possible to reduce the advers effect of the withdrawal of Jayawardane.

This is also an opportunity for all the Indian Teams to find suitable persons within India and stop depending on outside players.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

Hello Lakshmi ramdas,

I think that Mahela Jayawardene is playing very well for Kochi Tuskers Kerala. He is very good Cricketer. He has played very important innings for Sri Lanka. I think that the exit of Mahela Jayawardene will affect Kochi Tuskers Kerala but not badly. There are many players in Kochi Tuskers Kerala. They can perform well for Kochi Tuskers Kerala. In the present time Brendon Mccullum and V V S Laxman are playing in a very good manner.

With Regards,
    Gopal Singh Rawat

I agree with all of you. We have to rely more on the talented players in india itself and not depend on outsiders always. They can definitely continue playing well even without the Srilankans.

Yes Kochi Tuskers Kerala can win even after the exit of Mahela Jayawardhene.

It all depends on who take over as captain.The Indian talent involved is short on batting talent.but bowling is potentially enough fire power.But so far so good.Wait and watch.

Jayawardane's exit will surely affect kochi tuskers.Jayawardane is very experienced cricketer.He led srilanka to many victory. He give the captiancy to Kumara sangakara to grow a new young captain for srilanka.
    In this IPL through jayawardana's captancy kochi tuskers beat the higher rating teams like Mumbai indians,chennai superkings and kolkata knight riders.Recall of srilankan players will affect all ipl teams.we want sourav ganguly instead of mahela jayawardane.Only sourav ganguly can replace the captancy of jayawardane.Kochin franchise is now discussing this with IPL governing council.

Regards

Ranjith

It will not do any harm.Since Kochi have pretty good batting order they don't have to worry about Mahela's absence.In the last game with Pune, even though some mistakes had happen in the batting,they managed to get somewhat a defensible score in that pitch after losing his wicket.
    Even in his absence also there are some experienced players who can lead Kochi in remaining matches.So I don't think it will be a big problem.

No matter who gonna be out, Kochi has now got team spirit and confidence to win the game as a sigle team but not as individuals. Jayawardene's exit is not going to be a big suffer any more. The players have developed their skill to perform for the team.
    All the best Tuskers.

Mahela Jayawardene is one among the skilled and experienced srilankan player. Kochi may have some problems without him, even then its not the end of the world. Just think, what is most peculiar in club cricket tournaments like IPL. Due to the presence of players from different teams you have VARIETY ( that is jayawardene will be the best person who know to get dilshan or sangakkara out early!). But here that is not a problem as all the srilankan players are leaving( malinga is an exception). Second thing is that it is twenty-twenty not an one day match.How many of you heard of Paul valthaty before the tournament started?- its the platform for players like him to come and deliver for his team and himself. Hope players like raiphi come with good knock for kochi. Also, as jayawardene is an overseas player, his exit will create opportunity for other restricted foreign players due to '4 player rule'.
    "Kochi" be positive, make your way.

safvan p

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.