You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Contest

Member of the Day(MoD) Award is back in SPiderKerala-Earn Rs 100 Every Day

Dear Friends,

SpiderKerala has a special recognition of being the only site to have very special contest and award programs initiated to make the members more active. Member of the Day (MoD) Award program which was initiated few months back was running successfully for the last 4 months. We had been giving Rs 50 to the member who used to bring posts following all rules put forward for the award program. With the request made by few members through personal messages, Member of the Day (MoD) is now back in SpiderKerala with double power. Formerly in the MoD the rule was that members had to post on given topics and had to earn 100 points to be eligible for the award.

This time we like to rise the amount of MoD to Rs 100. As per the new concept of MoD, members have to score atleast 60-75 points from the posts related to the topic given to write. If a dedicated member could post around 3-4 articles in a day related to the given topic, it's easy to get the targeted points.

Formerly the total number of points earned daily too was considered for the award program. This new program will help members to concentrate on a specific topic more than beating around the bush. We will announce the topic for the day on a specific thread.

Before implementing this unique award program we invite suggestions and feedback from the members as we wish to implement this award starting on 1st May, 2011.

So friends, bring up your suggestions for the better implementation of this new award program.
    Biju Sir,
    In the light of the new Panda alogrithm of Google, we need to avoid duplicate contents.

Hence, my suggestions would be:
    1. You announce either (a) 1 topic and give multiple suggestions on different aspects of the topic. Then, in the announcement thread, each member should state what aspect he/she is writing on; or (b) 4-5 topics and each member should state which topic he/she has selected to write on and exactly which aspect of that topic is being covered by him/her.

2. I suggest that you announce the topic/topics 3 days in advance so that members can have time to both select a topic and prepare on it. So, for example, if this program is beginning on 1st May, you could announce the MOD topics for that day on 28th April.

3. I suggest you do not put a limit on the minimum number of articles (that we must submit at least 3 articles) but keep it to your rule of minimum number of points for that day (60-75 as you said).

4. You could also have a (member of the week) MOW award for those submitting the best resources in terms of quality. This would be encouraging for those who would not otherwise win the MOD award.

Regards,
    Vandana

Vandana,
    You have brought some good points to think which can be applied in the new initiative of the extended program of MoD. Actually we have a lot of categories with real potential but lack in resource. So this new program is to make our members concentrate on specific areas so as the we could have sufficient articles according to the need of the site.

Actually we came with the program seeing many of our writers going behind topics which do not have any relevance. So we think this would help them to keep touch with specific topics and more than that they could earn more from here.

Your valuable suggestions are always welcome and let the MoD-2 be a revolutionary change in the success of the site.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

I am also interested to see MoD-2 award. Because sometimes I find very difficult in getting topics to write. MoD-2 will bring the SPK some fresh articles.
    Nijin
    Forum Editor SPK

Hello Biju sir, can you please list the hot topics that one shall post to win this award.
    Regards,
    Narender Sharma.
    Join Uttarakhand Spider and get your adsense profile approved in minutes.

Narender,
    MoD is active program which will be activated from May 1,2011 aims at those active members who could really come up with articles on a given topic. The topics will be updated in an hour from now.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian

Thanks for immediate reply sir. I would also like to invest my time in this beautiful site.
    Regards,
    Narender Sharma.

One thing more, can there be more than one Member as Member of Day for a single day.
    Regards,
    Narender Sharma.

Narender,
    MoD was the best of spiderkerala which was running successfully for the past few months. At the time we were giving only one person this prestigious award and the member had to make 100 points in a day. There was real time competition from the members. The extended version of MoD is now Rs 100 and the points the members have to get is 60-75 from the articles on the topic itself. So I think if a member could write 4 or 5 articles on a day, it would be possible. And if there come good contribution from members we will think if giving the MoD to more than one. But now we can give only to one member. Happy posting.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian

Hello sir, one last question, for winning member of day reward member will have to score 75 points from resources or from any section of SPK. And can you please give me a link which can help me about knowing various other reward programs of SPK.
    Regards,
    Narender Sharma.

Narender,
    You just go through the forum threads with the announcement from the WM. As stated before this forum was put forward to get response from the member to share their views on MoD. We would give the topic to write. Members can concentrate on the specific topic so as to be the MoD. The points are to be gathered from the posts related to the topic. The full format of this award program will be updated in a fresh thread today.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian

Dear webmaster,
    I couldn't find any forums regarding the new mod contest in spk. Could you please tell me when this forum will be available to the members?
    regards,
    safvan

safvan p

Hello Safvan,
    Be patient. The delay of MoD contest will be due to the heavy load of webmaster. The contest will be opened in coming days and webmaster will update it in forum. So look in forum everyday.

Nijin
    Forum Editor SPK

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.