You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Entertainment

Thilakan - Back to the Stage

It is reported that the tiff between Thilakan and AMMA is over and Thilakan will get roles hereafter. Already it is reported that he has been singed for new film. At the moment he is undergoing rejuvenation treatment after which he is expected to report.

It is some time that he was boycotted by the industry in Malayalam. Because of this of course, some others got better opportunities. However, he got opportunity to act in other languages, especially in Tamil films. It is unfortunate that he was debarred for some difference of opinion between him and leaders of AMMA.

This boycott smacks of intolerance to differences in opinion to the establishment as is prevalent, unfortunately, in our political, social organisations etc.

Anyway, at least now the things are changed and r Thilakan can be seen in powerful roles hereafter. Let us see what he said about this: "You can call it my return to mainstream films, but as far as I am concerned, this is no return as I have always been in the minds of film buffs," Thilakan told IANS.

AMMA boycotted him for his remark that AMMA is a mafia body without care for the interests of artists. And proved him to be right by boycotting him.

It is not only Thilakan who is victim of Amma. There are others also treated like this.
    AMMA is very small in front of actors like Thilakan and AMMA's action was not justified. This Organisation should have helped to nip in the bud the platform created on Thilakan controversies in place of its own senior members pouring fuel to the fire. Ultimately, the malayalees around the world lose the opportunities in seeing the great actor like Thilakan
    Sreekumar Nair
    Trichur

"Proud to be an indian"

NO & YES are two short words, which need a long thought..., most of the things we miss in life are due to saying NO too soon or YES too late. Have a great day.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.