You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedback

Why the polls are hidden

I'm new to this site. However I would like to suggest a change in the manner the polls are being conducted.
    In the present way its only possible for the members to select the polls and check for any interested topics. The polls as far as i have seen has very little participation.
    My suggestion is why dont the site have a small poll box in the home page of the site which will keep on displaying the polls (not the options) and keep on changing the poll topics.
    In this way all (visitors and members) visiting site will be able to view the polls nd participate in the polls they like.
    I have been through many of the sessions of this site, but only noticed the poll part today.
    I dont know if my suggestion is a practical one, but i think it would be a way to make both the polls and the site active.
    Its been 3days since i posted this and i haven't even got a response from any of the editors or webmasters. I would also bring to the notice that even the poll about the poll is not been seen by many of our site viewers. Hence i kindly request for the needfull to be done

Hi Tijo.
    First of all, sorry for the late reply. As a new member, at the first sight of this website, you may notice many draw backs and difficulties here. You may also experience a few good things too. What we need from you and other new members is the active participation in all the sections.Forums and polls are a good medium to discuss current topics and suggestions and complaints about the site. But the most important section is the article section. When you proved yourself as a good member. we will definitely consider your suggestion at the earliest. This is not meant that we will not consider the suggestions of new members and also not meant that you are not a good member. The suggestions made by you and new members were always help SPK to improve a lot. So we will looking forward at your suggestion.Usually, we will put current hot discussions and polls in the home page itself if they really need an attention. Also we dont promote only polls. you can discuss a topic and can create a poll about that thread as you did in this thread. We will definitely consider your suggestion. You didnt get any response from members since they dont interest in the topic. Here there are many topics which gets attention among the members.
    Members. We also require your suggestions for the above topic. so please post your suggestions as a response to this thread

With Regards,
    Sobhana K.B

Hello,
    Welcome to SpiderKerala.

It is good to see that you have entered the website through a suggestion. Suggestions from users are always welcomed in SpiderKerala. Your suggestion was about polls. Its true that polls in SpiderKerala remains unnoticed. But actually SpiderKerala does not give much importance to poll topics because they does not fetch much traffic. But you can link your polls along with your forum threads so that users can see the poll topics along with the thread and can cast votes accordingly. I think you have already done for this thread.

Instead of giving much importance to polls use other section of SpiderKerala wisely especially the article section because it is the heart of SpiderKerala

Nijin
    Forum Editor SPK

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.