You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Entertainment

Piracy and the film industry

Piracy is the most biggest threat that malayalam film industry is facing. It is not only a problem in kerala but it is a problem faced by the whole film industry . not even a single film is excepted from the threat of piracy ,all the new released films are pirated as torrents as well as in video streaming sites. it is also available for street selling . this phenomenon crates a lot of risk to the film producers and puts them in dept .So it is our duty to stop piracy .

prevent piracy encourage film industry
    Hello abel,
    Now a days it is very dangerous thing that piracy is increasing in film industries. Due to piracy many people related to film industries could not get their actual income. You are right that it is our duty to stop it. My dear if we will not use pirated things then i think that piracy can be control but government should also work for it to control piracy.
    With Regards,
    -Gopal Singh

I dont think anyone can effectively stop piracy. At the end of the day, everyone wants to profit from adsense or other ppc program and showing pirated videos is a way of increasing traffic to your site. When it all started, the video quality was very bad and most people may not have wasted their time on these sites. nowadays, most of these pirated videos comes in HD format which makes me suspect that there is a big mafia within distributors association or fans association from opposite group which is doing all these. I think the best approach will be the producers association to step in and start showing their movies through a website for a small premium. This way, they will be able to recover some of the cost from pirated sites.

Prashanth.

Ekshahar.com: Indian classified ADs portal for DESIS around the globe

Piracy becomes one of the most critical challenges in film industry. The government has to build up a separate team either from police department or from similar department and their core aim should be stopping the Piracy.
    By proper monitoring the activities from A to Z in Film industry, especially in the distribution side, I think we can reduce this worm to some extent. But it should be very transparent and should reveal all the negatives happening behind the screen to the public.
    Also they have to convey the messages regarding the after effects of Piracy to the common people through media, seminar programs etc.

Thanks & Regards

Hameed

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.