You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Can Team India win One day series against England?

Do you think India can win One day series against England after a whitewash in test and T20 defeat? In the case of India more than five players who is performing well in recent matches is quit the tournament due to injuries. Our cool captain Dhoni fails to encouraging teammates.Newly appointed coach Duncan Fletcher is not showing any responsibilty from his side. In spite of all these is there any hope for the team for the ODI triumph ?
    Hi Arun,
    I think team India can't win one day series in England. Because this the bad time of Indian team after world cup winning.Most of all eight main players return to home due to injuries,they are Zaheer,Sewag,Rohit sharma,Ishant Sharma,Gutham Gambir,Sachin Tendulker,Harbajen Sing and Yuvaraj Sing.I think Dhoni Can't win One day series with out them.Actually Fletcher presence not effect India team yet.India team also struggling to play in England fast and Bounce pith.This is the main reason for majority of Indian injuries.All batsmen Even Main players batting with some fear and stress.They always try to leave bouncing balls.Main draw back Indian team is disability of playing Short pith balls.
    I think now Dhoni give more opportunities to emerging players .This is right time for this.
    With regards
    Ajmal

The injury has been hunting Team India for many years. According to me, the total defeat we saw in England is also caused by injury. Continuous defeats in the 4 Test Match Series followed by a defeat in the Twenty 20 match also reduced the confidence of Indian team. Any other team would have been doing the same things in a condition like this.

With more than 8 players injured the situation gets worse only. At the other side English men are really strong. This is an English side with great strengths. They have been bowling brilliantly well supported by the captain of England team itself. Stuart Broad, Captain of English Team has been stunning with the bowl. He is not the same player we saw in the 2007 International twenty 20 match between England and India where he is been beaten 6 times out of the park in a single over by Yuvraj Singh. He had improved. IT is well seen in the matches now.

With a good combination of batting,bowling and fielding, English men are undefeatable in the current form. India could only pray for miracles to save this ODI series.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.