You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Report Issues

What is your opinion about the Topics of the Member of week (MoW) contest in Spiderkerala

The topics of Member of the Week (MoW) Contest in Spiderkerala for last week were not cleared. Later web master cleared it in discussion form, but we have lost our interest to participate in MoW due to this misunderstanding. We have already submitted the articles about the topic. But the web master said that these articles have no connection with the topics. It is my questions to members that, what is yours opinion about this topic? Please write your opinion.

with regards
    Sindhu Anish
    Sindhu,
    Before giving a clarification to your query, let us tell some thing which had been doing around in SpiderKerala being the WM for the past one year. You might be seeing me here just by the forum threads, but for the past one year I had been taking much time giving online support to members via gtalk, facebook and even used to talk through phone giving instructions about posting in SpiderKerala and also in 50+ sites under our network. Only very less members have taken the advantage of contacting and they are getting the maximum benefit having a good bond with me.

Coming to the Member of the Week (MOW) program, as per the forum thread the real initiative to bring the topics was to attract more readers. In the forum thread itself the details regarding what motivated us to put forward the topics were clearly given. Ok, if you had confusion regarding the contest you were free to point it out in the forum thread as response. Not a single member has made any response here making us think that the contest is cleared for the members. We have given a sample title to make the members free to think a good title. The given sample title was 'Malayalam Heartthrob Prithviraj – A young actor with charismatic look' – Does it sense that members have to write article on a single movie? Ok, we are considering the articles posted by members for the MoW award, but where are the links? After an announcement, to get the benefit of reward program members have to submit the links in the respective forum thread for further verification.

And finally, how many members used to look back to their posts after it get approved? There are many articles where spend lot of time editing the article, giving proper title, arranging it suitably for readers. But have any members cited it and have given a gratitude to the editors for reediting the articles? Many members in SPK who are also working in other sites in our network always do appreciate the work of the editors in SPK for their handful support.

Any way we do not want the members to get in to more confusion. The given articles can be taken in to consideration for the MoW program.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

Actually I was also first confused with the MOW topic. Later the clarification by webmaster is enough to clear all the doubts regarding the topic. Our webmaster suggested to write about the biography of three actors in Malayalam - Mohanlal, Mammootty and Prithviraj. But the topic made a little confusion just because the first announcement miss the word 'biography'. But later Biju sir clarify that the actual topic is not about the actors' film, but to write their biography. Unfortunately there is not an active participation in the contest including me.

SpiderKerala has a strong basement which is built up by the authorities. And I too found that in Kerala, there is not an another site like SpiderKerala which offers good facilities to both readers and writers. I am sincerely proud to be a part of this family.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.