Some interesting facts about Humans1. Every atom of our body is said to be billions of years old and our body is 70 percent water.
2. By the age of 18, the human brains stop growing. It even begins to lose more than 1,000 brain cells after such age. Your brain comprises only 2 percent of your body weight but uses up to 20 percent of your body's energy. Your brain never takes a break even when you are sleeping; the brain is busy working to replenish the brain processes needed to function normally while awake.
3. An average human produces 10,000 gallons of saliva in a lifetime.
4. It is impossible to sneeze without blinking your eyes. The highest recorded speed of a human sneeze is 165 kilometer per hour.
5. The human body sheds about 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime. Our skin produces antibacterial chemicals to keep germs at a bay. It also produces antimicrobial peptides that protect the body from infection.
6.You can't swallow and breathe at the same time; however babies can do this but until they are about nine months.
7. Yawning helps you cool your brain. It is an involuntary behavior. When you yawn, the influx of cool air may ventilate your sinuses and facilitate brain cooling.
8. Yawning helps you cool your brain. It is an involuntary behavior. When you yawn, the influx of cool air may ventilate your sinuses and facilitate brain cooling.
9. Your lungs need a lot of breathing room. The total surface area of the lungs is approximately equal to the size of a tennis court.
10. Each person has a unique tongue print just like the fingerprints.
11. The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
12. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
13. The brain is much more active at night than during the day.
14. After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.
15. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
16. Your eyes are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
17. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood the number is reduced to 206.
18. We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening.
19. It is not possible to tickle yourself. Even the most ticklish among us do not have the ability to tickle ourselves.
20. Humans are the only animals to produce emotional tears.