You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

World Environment Day, June 5th is nearing

Another World environment day is nearing. From 1972 onward world over this day, 5th June, is celebrated as World Environment Day. UNEP under United Nations is taking the initiative to this action. Aim is to popularize the importance of environment protection. Throughout the world countries are exploiting the nature in the name of development. There is a limit to natural resources, we are now reaching the bottom of the resources.

This year the UN has accepted a slogan in connection with this Day, " Think Eat Save ; Reduce your food print". Think before eating, where from you are getting this resource to eat, never waste it. These days a huge amount of food items are thrown out as waste, because nobody is concerned about its availability. Eat for survival not for wasting.You must reduce your food prints (just as foot prints).

Let all of us remember about tomorrow before starting to eat today.
    June 5th is over, with most of schools, colleges, organizations and institutions celebrating it in a suitable manner. It is a good thing that at least some are becoming aware of the importance of protecting our environment.
    I myself could participate in this. I gave talks on the significance of the day at three places (at two schools and in one hospital). Also I planted one tree sapling in each of these places. Students also planted tree saplings.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

• Sign In to post your comments