Acid rain and its effects - How to control it ?Acid rain is one among the environmental issues which cause serious after effects. Normal rain water has a PH of 5.6 due to the dissolution of Carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, but in highly industrialized areas the rain water has a PH of 4.2. The presence of this excess of acids in rain water is known as acid rains. Its formation is mainly because of the deposition of Sulphur, Nitrogen, and other oxidized products in the atmosphere. These gases are stable in water and falls down with rain water.
Effects of acid rain :
1) It causes damage to the buildings made of marbles and limestone. Example is " pitting in Taj mahal"
2) It causes corrosion to exposed metal parts. Example is Qutab minar.
3) It causes irritation to eyes.
4) Acidification of soil and damage vegetation.
5) Acidification of water bodies and damage aquatic life.
6) Acidification of drinking water cause neurological and abdomenal disorders.
These are to be reduced as it willseriously affect the entire world. So suggest some measures to reduce acid rain.