You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

National science Day is over unnoticed ?

February 28 is celebrated as the National Science Day every year. Most of the educational institutions and science and research institutions including universities in the country organized suitable programmes on that day to convey the message of the day.
    These days it has become necessary to give importance for propagating 'scientific temper' among the people in the country. Our leaders like Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru and Dr.S. Radhakrishnan have stressed the need for developing this thinking among all.
    These days people learn science and technology and earn their livelihood using these science and technology. But they just neglect science and its principles when dealing with their daily life. Very often they opt for unscientific solutions for problems they face.
    Celebration of this National Science Day is to spread this message of scientific temper among all.
    This day is chosen because it was on this day the theory of 'Raman effect' was first announced, which later earned the Nobel Prize to Dr. C. V. Raman.
    Dear Sir,
    Very relevant.
    Advancement of human civilization is possible only through the development of Science & Technology. It is the only solution for all issues of the human kind.
    It is surprising that, more than 200,000 people were registered for a one way trip to Mars and start human settlement there, for that the technology is not yet developed. So much belief on Technology. The details of the Mars settlement programs are available in the website Mars-one.com
    Another strange news which I came across while searching different sites is that, a 70 year old man has reverses his aging process by taking stem cell treatment.
    Link:
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/2014/02/28/06/11/fashion-mogul-s-ageing-process-reversed

I am very happy to see your response especially when a post with scientific contents is getting a response. From my experience, I generally do not get responses to such posts. Actually there are several points to be discussed in different fields of science.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

• Sign In to post your comments