Wet land depletion - Serious natural calamityHave anyone heard about wet land depletion. Wet lands are areas of land in which the soil is saturated with water seasonally or permanently. Such lands may also be covered with shallow pools of water. Wet lands may also include marshes, swamps, bogs, rice paddies etc. The water in the wet land can be fresh water, saline water, or brackish water. A wet land can be distinguished from other water bodies based on the water level and the nature of plants living in them. Wet land is a transition from a dry land into a water body. Urbanization, constructional activities like stadium, airports, flats, agricultural and industrial developments, climatic change, etc.
Effects1) Habitat loss for variety of animals, fishes, birds, and plants.
2) Increase in flood, soil erosion, etc.
3) Introduction of pollutant into water bodies.
4) Reduce the quality and quantity of ground water.
5) Climatic change and global warming.
6) Reduces atmospheric ability and loss of biodiversity.