Vermi composting - a useful method for waste disposal.Composting is the biological process during which naturally occurring insects, snails, earthworms, microbes, etc. breakdown the organic matter present in the waste into a soil like fertilizers known as Compost.
Vermi-composting is a method in which earthworms decompose organic waste into a nutrient rich fertilizers having an earth like smell. It is done in specially designed concrete pits were earthworm culture is done.
1) The Compost is rich with micro and macro nutrients.
2) It is an odourless process.
3) Rate of plant growth is high.
4) Reduce alkaline presence in soil.
5) Rate of conversion is high.