You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Today is Earth day (april 22nd)

The First Earth Day in April 1970.How will you celebrate this earth day?
    wish you a Happy Earth Day! Please make a clean environment to live on.
    What is earth day? I am hearing this for the first time in my life. Please can you please lay more emphasis on this on this site.
    Adesola Adeyeye

Earth Day is now over, but Earth is still there. We have to be very careful about this earth. Out of the millions of living organisms living on this earth, it is the man who destroys the earth for his selfish motives. He even forgets this earth is to be retained at least for his own children or grand children.These generations to come are to live on this earth itself.

Earth provides every thing for everybody's needs, but it cannot give to satisfy the 'greed' of every body - years' back our 'Father of Nation' Mahathma Gandhi stated like this. He was fully aware of the importance keeping the Earth without destruction for the benefits of generations to come.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

To add to my previous posting as a reply to Mr.Adesola Adeyeye a few more points are adding.
    Earth day is celebrated every year in order to make aware of the importance of protecting our planet, Earth. It was first celebrated in the year 1970.

Now every year the celebrations throughout the world is coordinated by 'Earth day net work'. It is celebrated in 192 countries.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Cool. I loved this your thread and responses. The Earth should be protected adequately to avart it been damaged.
    Adesola Adeyeye

There are lot of nightmares in the world to speak of today.We have lost touch with who we are.
    The environmental change man is responsible for is likely happening too fast for our naturally timed evolutionary clocks to adapt to and for our planet to cope with.That means we will not be able to evolve biologically quick enough to survive the rate of environmental change,pollution,diseases and social ills
    Mini extinction of life on earth happens on a daily basis.It is sad and unsustainable fact of industrialised progress.It is time for humanity to awaken or else mathematical likelihood of self extinction is our likely fate.
    Will we unlock the source of our own intelligence ?Is there any potential for the humanity to develop further?Or mankind simply evolved from the cave to the grave?
    What does it mean to you to be human..?

• Sign In to post your comments