You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedback

Can helmet reduce accidents or Safe Driving.....??

Helmet wont reduce accidents. Helmet only protects from an accident to a slight level. Drive safe is the only way to reduce accidents.
    Hi Sumeer M

Let me ask you one question, how many of us likes accidents? None...

So riding safe by a person could not merely help him out of accidents. Its also depends upon the driver riding the vehicle opposite to him.

It make sense that by wearing a helmet he could reduce extent of accident.

Regards
    Sreedeep

Hi Sumeer,

You are right; Helmets can reduce the extent of road accidents to a bare minimum. It won't reduce the number of accidents, but it can save many lives in the accidents.

This doesn't mean that there is no meaning in using helmets as it can't reduce accidents. Some may be thinking that I drive carefully and I don't need a helmet. This is utter non-sense. They must understand that even they are following all the traffic rules and moving slowly, it's not only them moving through the roads. Accidents may come even from other vehicles. So using helmets is a better option to take care of ourselves.

But what we are seeing daily is not a good one. The youths are flying in two- wheelers like the world is going to end today or yesterday. None of them are using helmets. They don't think that how valuable them to the country and to their own parents. A simple carelessnees may lead to a big issue. So, Police should take care necessary steps so that all should wear helmets.

Regards
    Lijin T

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.