However in our country Online buying is not yet an accepted facility till now. This facility is being made use only by those in urban centers.
Anyway the Online shopping is becoming a popular mode of buying. Wherever there is any activities becoming popular,there is the danger of swindlers starting their operation to trap the gullible buyers byway of inducements or some other attractions to to their online shops and cheat. But this is not special this field alone. So this need not deter us, but we have to be cautious about the sites we try to use.
Ramanathan A R
1. Make sure that the web address of shopping sites begins with HTTPS: If the Website URL in the address bar starts with HTTPS (instead of HTTP), the page (website) is more secure. Never type passwords or other personal information unless you see the "HTTPS" (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
2. A lock in address bar: A small lock icon in the address bar of shopping site also indicates a more secure connection for user, which makes it harder for a hacker to view the information that you type on website.
3. Check the seal of approval: Make sure that the websites have been certified by an Internet trust organization. by which You can increase your privacy and security by shopping experience.
You should not trust on below related sites
Here are some reasons NOT to go to a shopping site:
1. Receive a link in an email message that was sent by someone who you don't know.
2. The sites offer objectionable content, such as pornography or illegal materials.
3. The sites make offer that seem too good to be true. This can indicate a doable scam or the sale of pirated or illegal products.
4. You are asked for Debit or credit card number as a verification of identity of user or for personal information that does not seem necessary for them.
5. You are asked to provide Debit or credit card number on a page that does not start with Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) or does not include the lock icon.