You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Kerala Politics

Plight of a muslim girl of Kozhikkode

everyone must have read, a progressive minded teenager muslim girl approached high court to afford police protection from muslim fundamentalists issuing fatwa against her choice of dress;churidar instead of purdah.she is threatened of life. what stupidity is this. one should remember that the religion for anyone should be by choice and not by chance, in kerala or in a wider angle. in india religion is by chance as one's parent belong to which religion there their children belong.if the religious fanatics take tougher stand her choice is to change her religion or marrying someone from different religion. but she reiterated that she is very much a muslim, but maintains a modern view on personal issues like dress. i know of many muslim girls going to temple with their friends wearing set mundu and coming out with sandal bindi on the temple. this should be viewed on a wide perspective.these girls are mostly students of professional colleges.
    the muslim brotheren should remember india is a country where a muslim woman rose to the position of supreme court justice and governor(justice fathima beevi)still, hamid ansari is the vice president of india, and fakhruddin ali ahmed was the one term president of India.still the muslims scream that they are neglected in the society and not allowed to come to the forefront.funny.It should be rembered that these fanatics enjoyed when zeenat aman and Huma khan showed their naked body in public shows and movies,even sania mirza why didnt they enforce purdah for all of them.there are vested interests with specific intentions behind this
    Dear Urmilesh,

It's your view, but the religion says not only the women, but mens to follow a dress code which will not pose you as a opposite gender, In the sense, a Men can't dress like women and a women should not dress like a men which leads to a lot of Conflicts.

Fatwa's are issued not by the ordinary muslims but by most educated, resource and knowledge full scholars of islams, so it doesen't mean that a muslim men or women should follow or should not, but remember there is a day of judgement where you meer your Almighty.

If that girl is doing it knowingly or unknowingly, it's sure that in Al-quran we have a verse as follows, which not only denotes the women but the men too.

" And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornments except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their son's, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sisters sons or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And beg Allah to forgive you all O believers, that you may be successful"

Bible Say's about womens dress code Like This:

"But I say unto you that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Mt. 5:28)

Finally here is the Hinduism way:

Traditional dress for women can be either a saree like one which insist on keeping their head covered during worship or at other times as it is considered an essential element of modesty.

As correctly said by Abraham Lincon, When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion. It Applies to All irrespective of their religion or belief or faith.

Saleem
    Editor-SpiderKerala.Net

why it is not applicable to shanimol usman? why the scholarsare not asking her to use burkha? simply because it dont work.again religion must be by choice and not chance.can you ask a driving woman to use burkha? why not sania mirza?khushboo?

In Bahrain.,arab woman dress midis and jeans, go out with them in hotels where their husband drinks.fanatics will say excuse" they are shias"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.