Kerala polic now and then

A sub inspector on active duty was shot dead by a criminal in calicut(news)I go back to memory, during my boyhood, a sub inspector was a dreaded law and order maintainer who often roamed on a bycycle alone, threatened people sitting over culverts under suspicious situation and often caned them during the mission. As a result, no youth ventured out after 8 pm except for a movie where the inspector asked to show movie tickets.Today no subinspector is brave enough to roam alone in his station limits. Those days we heard of stories of super cops of kerala police like kuttralingam pillai and meriarputham(called mariarpootham) who nabbed dreaded criminals disguised as rich tamil couple with plenty of ornaments to attract an atttack.Those were the golden days in my life where there were very few criminal offences of a lower magnitude like arson.now today's youth has changed. they are a set of creations by hire purchase and leasing companies like icici bank, hsbc etc who finace vehicles very liberally and use the youth gang for vehicle recovery of defaulters.
there was only one head for police, ranked IG who always reached the helm from the rank of a sub inspector. chandrashekharan nair and gopalan to name. today we have highly talented ips officors, a full dozen in dgp rank. Now we need another force to protect the police force.A ig of police approached highcourt seeking police protection against his politically influential father in law at thiruvanantha puram few years back. Now one need to be his own police and protect himself so todays boys at 17 they want to go to fitness club. There is one in oberon mall at ernakulam who charge 24000rs yearly and they are full. Life change