You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Education in Kerala

Education Reality Show

Following the success of a unique reality show, 'Green Kerala Express' Door Darshan (Malayalam) is now all set for a different one, 'Hartha Vidyalayam'. This one is aiming at bringing into lime light the excellent performance in academic and extra curricular activities done by Government schools and Aided schools in Kerala. This has more relevance in the present context of this State, where majority of the parents believe that the standards of Government schools are very poor compared to unaided public schools.

The schools which have already appeared on the show last week clearly indicate that these are institutions to be reckoned with. In no way they are below to any other institutions imparting school education.

It is expected that 127 schools would participate in this reality show running to 75 episodes.

The schools are assessed on the basis of their performances in academic practices, social initiatives, infrastructure, use of information technology in learning, co-curricular activities and environment and cleanliness. Both the channels, DD (Malayalam) (8.30 PM) and VICTERS (1.00 PM, 6.00 PM, 9.30 PM.) are telecasting these shows.
    Though I have given the telecasting time in the posting above, very often, the channels are not strictly following these schedules. By around 5.30 pm also the episode is telecast by DD.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Surely this is a good opportunity to asses the ratings of our government and aided schools. This will surely point to some extra ordinary and high class bunch of schools which can be compared with the best schools in India. But I think many of the schools had lost their chances due to their negligence and unawareness. But anyway this can provide a group of best schools. This is a great opportunity of publicity for the best schools. I wish no backstage plays happen and the results are 'constructed'. Hope the best schools get selected in this event..

Thanks for sharing this good useful information. Often we down grade govt schools and its working methods. These kinds of shows or programmes will bring the reality to the lime light.

I think DD Malayalam must be hailed for thinking of such shows which will enhance the prestige of govt schools in the minds of the people.

K Mohan

Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

Dear friends,
    This is actually a program supported by department of education, govt of Kerala. I think Edusat and Doordarsan has only the telecasting role..
    regards
    Thomas

Reality Shows are becoming the way of our culture.That is what is seen here also by introducing it in educational field also.Any how the present condition of government schools are far better than the private management schools of same grade.I have a real experience recently during a camp.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.