You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedback

Request for Including Other Sports section in SPK

I was looking to post an article on Life of the great Athlete PT Usha and on her contribution to to the sports. Basically she was an athlete so i decided to post an article in the spots section of our site Spider Kerala.Net, but to my surprise there is no section available for athletes.There is Only Cricket, thank god there is foot ball and Adventure spots, i could have included my article in "Adventure Sport Section" since it is an adventure to be an athlete in a country like India. at least you could have included a section called "Other sports", Yes we are truly Indians we just know cricket.

When i went through the articles there is int any mention of the Delhi Commonwealth GAMES 2010 and Asian games 2010. 2010 Games was India's best ever games, India won total of 101 medals in CWG including 38 gold, 27 Silver and 36 bronze Medals and In Asian games 2010 India won 64 medals including 14 Gold,17Silver and 33 Bronze.It is important to mention that Indian Athletes won gold medal in the Events like Discuss Trow(krishbnapoonia) and Preeja Sreedaran in 10000m(she won silver in 5000m). It was India's best ever performance in the history, but no one seems to have noticed it there is int any mention of Both games in SPK but there is a lot of cricket a bit of foot ball as well.

Why it is so...??

Answer is simple, "We are Indians and SPK is run by US,". I am not intended to defame SPK and it's members, including me could have poster articles on CWG and Asian games but didn't, this is because we (Indian's) generally dont have sound atmosphere of Sports system. I am not telling about the CWG scam that can only happen ones or twice(you got limited opportunity to host international Games). I would like to say about the Administrative structure of Sport in India, even though i have a general idea.

Why people are not attracted toward Sports other than Cricket..??

The first reason is defenatly is the success rate in India cricket is more popular because they are more successful in their games,they are top ranked team in the world. But what the case of the rest of the Sports in India, Hockey, Football, Athletics etc.. Why these sport are not growing in India

Administration and we people to some extent are responsible for this, our spots administration recognizes the athletes only when they achieve medal in Event with their own efforts, fighting all there difficulties, it will be very late when Administration recognizes them, Take the Case of Preeja Sreedaran she is 28 now, how many years left for her in the sporting world she got a foreign coach only in resent times. Her performance could have been international if she was trained from her younger age, what kind of change you can make in her now providing her all these facilities, yes there can be change but not big as it could have been ten or twelve years ago. That is the major problem we are addressing, we are not catching our Athletes Young,

You know what the kind of money our athletes in school and College level get ,s as price money in national school, state school meets, it wont be enough for them to buy Good Track suit. In kerala Gold medalist in school meet gets Rs 1000, what he gone do with that. This remuneration of Rs 1000 was fixed in the year 1999 by Govt, its been ten years now.It is not only the case in kerala but it is the same across the country.

OK we can leave the money matter what next, Sports Accessories, what the kind of spots accessories we have, we have those accessories which some of the European athletes wont have even seen only heard of , because they weren't born at that time, that the kind of antiques we posses.

Only administration knows when they gone Change,But my request to SPK administration is that please Start a Section for "Other sports"

Note:India Won 14 gold in Asian games, but look even Iran,Kazakhstan,have more number of golds than us and Countries like Malaysia have won 9 golds, Compare the population of Malaysia and India, what an irony!
    Dear Raj,

Your message require a good discussion. Recently I participated in group discussion with the topic ' Is cricket killing all other games in India' which closely resembles with your opinions. In my opinion

1. Cricket itself is is not harmful to other games but media and sponsors they are actually the driving force and strength of cricket. With their help cricket built a good foundation for their growth.

2. As you said the lack of enough fund and limited exposure and training make other games down than cricket.

Being Keralite your opinion is so important because we are the big contributors in football, and other athletics.

I found one mistake in your message. SPK is not an American authorized or US run website. SPK is a wonderful website authorized, owned, and run by pure Malayalees. In simple SPK members are running this website like you and me. Any thanks for your message, I hope our dear webmaster will add remaining sports categories very soon,

With regards,
    Hamza Palengara

Hello Hamza Palengara

It was not United States (US), It's 'us" meaning WE.I just put it in capitals to emphasis the word US(WE).Sorry for inconvenience

Raj thanks for raising an important issue. You made an important suggestion and it must be considered by the webmaster at once.

K Mohan

Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

Hi Raj,

No problem, I thought you are talling SPK is run by US, and they are not interested in CWG held in India. Now it is ok. Your suggestions are very good. We expect more from you..

With regards,
    Hamza Palengara

Hello Raj,
    The discussion you started here is really a lengthy one.It became so long due to its importance.Sports are one of the categories that attract the attention of youth.The important among them being cricket it is given more important.But I think now almost all sports and games are dealt here in SPK.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.