You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedback

Why some members with gold level not awarded with ranks

I could see some members even attained gold level here and without ranks, why. ?

K Mohan
    Mohan Sir,
    The process is as same as in all the ISC connected spider sites. The ranking will be automatically updated every week. As you have mentioned about few members with gold level,actually they are new to the site. So from the coming week onwards their rank will be updated.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

Thanks for clarification and now the real competition starts here. Ranking do create interest in the members and vie to compete with others. Hope rankings will start from today.

K Mohan

Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

Mohan Sir,
    Its true that for every new projects, it will be hard to get attention of the public. You may be knowing about the hard ships faced by ISC in the initial stage. But look what is the situation now. Its one of the top educational portal in India and abroad. With the case of SPK it is also just in a budding stage and now we are having active members who are also a part of other sister sites on ISC.Well as from the part of the webmasters and the editors, senior members like you have to take a little bit responsibility to encourage new members. We have to build up this site and bring more activation to this site. SPK is thinking of bringing some surprise gifts which will enhance the participation of the members. I know from the last few days the activation in SPK has increased. So its the real time for respectful competition from the part of the members.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

Biju i fully support your view point. And as far i am concerned i am doing my little bit to increase the popularity of this site. Do not worry i made a point to visit this site daily and activate members who were dormant either too. If we post some good threads, members do respond with immediate action.

K Mohan

It is updated now. Thanks to everyone who brought up this issue.

Dear Mr Mohan, Mr Tony and Mr Biju : It is an interesting issue. I belong to the category of not knowing about any spiders and hence these are new to me. Once the platform is created, Editors and Webmasters can take a back seat, watch and act and it is the members who have to concentrate for the development of the website. From last 16th, I have observed that the SPK is moving fast with more and more members coming in. It is therefore a necessity that more and more platforms should be created for which good worthy suggestions should crop up from all customers. How many members are reading all the responses (irrespective of their interest) and participating in polls ? I suggest that there may be counts to know the number of members visited SPK and this count can be made applicable for responses/polls. The ranks are modified but the list of super stars are not modified.
    Sreekumar Nair
    Trichur

"Proud to be an indian"

NO & YES are two short words, which need a long thought..., most of the things we miss in life are due to saying NO too soon or YES too late. Have a great day.

Thanks Tony and Sreekumar for response. Today i can see ranks have been awarded to the members of this site who have even crossed gold level. Better late than never. Hope from now onwards ranks in this site will be updated on daily basis. And congrats to Sreekumar, with fifth position in this site.

K Mohan

I have a doubt regarding this member rank.Is there any hierarchical order of this ranks published any where in the site?I also saw many members without any rank.When will one member be included in these rank list?After one week or one month of joining the site?Is the member rank purely based on points earned or any other criteria?

Abid,

You can read more about the Member Ranking in our help section.

Abid thanks for your post and it is necessary to clarify such issues. The ranking in this site is purely depended on the consistent performance which is the yardstick for deciding the rank. Contributing one day and absenting next day wont serve the purpose. You have to be regular contributor to grab the ranks.

K Mohan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.