You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

The Windows Snipping Tool

Snipping tool is a very cute, useful utility available in Windows 7 ( I dont't know whether it is available in Windows Vista). This utility is found in the Accessories on Start Menu. It is used for screen capture. You can draw around the area of the screen or image you want to capture. It can be saved in genaral image formats like jpg, PNG, GIF or HTML. Screen shots of a captured desktop (Windows Logo) and an image are attached.
    Hi Joseph Antony,

As you said snipping tool is a nice option for easy capturing any where in the screen. But it not available in all versions of Windows 7 but of course it is available Windows 7 Ultimate. Sine once I struggled to find snipping tool in windows 7 Home version. I think it is not available in Vista also.

I have one suggestion to you. If you post this kind of information with titles like 'how to use snipping tool in Windows 7', 'Advantages of using snipping tool than other capturing soft wares' under Resource section then it will be a great help for our members, because they can be easily find your articles by search engines.

With regards,
    Hamza Palengara

hi,
    I am using windows 7 professional in office and windows 7 Home Premium on my laptop. The snipping tool is available for both these versions. It may not be available for Home Basic, and Starter versions.

As for posting in the resources section, I couldn't access that section when I tried to post this topic. So I have posted in the forum. It can be shifted to the relevant section if the administrator thinks it is good enough for that section.
    Thanks for your response and suggestion

Joseph

Where there is a will there is a way.

Hi JOseph,

I hope you will get access in every section very soon. I think your contributions an forum section is outstanding. Keep up with your work. We have to learn a lot from you.

With regards,
    Hamza Palengara

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.