You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Report Issues

Where is the "Top pages" page ?

The ISC and all spider sites introduced a new feature called Top pages which give the clear picture of traffic in the website. It is very useful for members to know about search engine optimization, taking tags, writing articles which can get more traffic etc. But unfortunately this feature is not seeing in SPK. Now I search Google for this. I found a thread from webmaster which is New feature: Traffic Statistics of SpiderKerala. But the link was not present their instead a note "Removed this thread" appears. I found out the "Top pages" page through Google which is at Most visited pages in SpiderKerala.net. I found this because I already know about this feature. But when a new member comes in this website who does not know about this feature loss opportunity to exploit this feature. So please provide a link anywhere in the website to display this feature.
    Hello Nijin,
    This may because, later SPK implemented statcounter facility to check the traffic statistics and keyword analysis of your own pages. You can set the statcounter for your pages. Please visit StatCounter settings. Hope you understand what I said.

With Regards,
    Sobhana K.B

Yes I know that statcounter is available in SPK and I myself is using this feature. But statcounter will give only the traffic statistics of our pages. It does not tell about the traffic of whole website. So If you want to see the leading page of this website Top pages is the only solution. So we can prepare resource accordingly.
    Nijin
    Forum Editor SPK

Nijin,

It may because of some technical problems, the link is removed. What we have to do is waiting for the response from Biju Sir. Let us wait and see.

With Regards,
    Sobhana K.B

Nijin,

Its good to see that you are so active in posting articles and threads in SpiderKerala. Its true that the traffic statistics was implemented and it was surly helpful to know the top pages in SPK. The reason for the removal of the Top pages is of the reason that, we have found that many visitors are eagerly viewing the page. We doubt that it may be some other website operators trying to catch the keywords which we are using this site. And also after the implementation of the new feature some of our resources which were getting good traffic had just came down. So we were forced to withdraw this feature after a week's implementation. There would be no problem for ISC to show the statistics so as many of the articles in ISC are on the top of the search engine. It would be very hard for the competitors to catch up with ISC. But the problem with SPK is that we are still on the budding stage and we don't want our competitor's to use the facility which is shown public.

And also one more thing. Don't expect quick response for your forum threads like in ISC. ISC is such a large portal with around 40 editors where any one of editor will be online who could give the response. But we try to give reply to those forum posts that we find that should be answered.

And also for all members don't use forum threads to register only your complaints. Members can give creative threads for discussion.

For the use of those who are eager to know the statistics the link is provided here. Traffic Statistics of SpiderKerala

This page will not be shown in the home page tab as we don't want any other web portals to utilize this service.

With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.