Call +91 8138875600 for details
In Kerala, they like to consume very spicy food. Likewise they prepare the egg very spicy. One of the most famous egg recipes in Kerala is Kerala Style Egg Recipe . Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D. One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein. So every day try to eat one egg. It gives more strength to us. The egg curry made for a delightful accompaniment with Idiyappam, rice, appam, puttu, or rotis
Main Ingredients of Kerala Style Egg Recipe
• Eggs coconut milk
• Eggs - 4, hard boiled, peeled
• Onion - 1, finely sliced (large)
• Green chilies - 2, slit lengthwise
• Ginger - 1", finely minced
• Curry leaves - 1 sprig
• Tomato - 1, finely chopped
• Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
• Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
• Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
• Coconut milk - 1 1/2 cups, thin
• Thick coconut milk - 3/4 to 1 cup
• Black Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp (crushed)
• Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
• Red Chilies - 1, tear and de-seed
• Coconut oil - 1 1/2 tbsps (or any oil)
Preparation Method of Kerala Style Egg Recipe
Pour little oil in to a deep pan and heat it. Then add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Put the red chilies and stir fry for few seconds.
Put the sliced onions, few curry leaves, minced ginger and green chilies and fry for 5 minutes.
Add few coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix. Then add the tomatoes and cook for about 4 minutes.
Put little salt to for taste and thin coconut milk and steam in low to medium burn for about 7- 8 minutes. Mix once in a while.
Add the eggs and heat for about 2 minutes. Then add garam masala powder, crushed pepper and put the remaining curry leaves.
After that add the thick coconut milk and boil on low flame for a minute and switch off flame.
At the time of adding the ginger, you can add finely grinded garlic.
Kerala Egg Curry, a finely spiced paste with coconut milk is one of the common recipes of Kerala dishes. Now you should serve with rice, appam, puttu, idiyappam or rotis.