Call +91 8138875600 for details
Unniyappam is one of the Kerala recipes it is very easy to prepare it will hardly takes 50 minutes to prepare and cook time is only 15 minutes, so the total time to prepare this dish would be no more than 1 hour and 5 minutes. All age people would love to taste this dish.
1. Rice flour – 2 cups ( I used palappam podi)
2. Wheat Flour – 1 cup
3. Jaggery – 250-300gms
4. Ripe banana – 2-3 (I used poovan pazham, refer notes for substitute)
5. Coconut bits (thengakothu) – ½ cup
6. Black sesame seeds – 1½ tbsp
7. Baking soda – ½ – 1 tsp
8. Ghee – 1 tbsp
9. Oil – for deep frying (I used coconut oil)
1. Take 2 cups rice flour, wheat flour, jiggery, ripe banana, Coconut bits, black sesame seeds, baking soda, ghee and oil in a separate plat and keep it aside.
2. Take a jaggery in a pan and add one cup of water in it .
3. Now melt the jaggery and strain the jaggery and let it cool completely.
4. Take a pan and add some ghee in the pan.
5. Take some black sesame seeds and coconut bits in ghee till it turns golden brown.
6. Now grind the bananas first, and add 2 spoons of melted jaggery to the ground banana and grind again till you get a smooth paste.
7. Add some rice flour in to the smooth paste and mix it together.
8. Add the wheat flour, ground banana and melted jiggery, into the mixture.
9. Add some little water till you get the consistency of idli batter.
10. Add fried coconut bits and sesame seeds and baking soda to the batter with 1 to 2 cups of water and mix it together.
11. Keep aside the batter for 30 to 45 minutes.
12. After resting see weather the batter turns too thick, if it is too thicker add extra water to loosen it and stir well.
13. Take a pan add some oil in it and heat it.
14. When the oil is heated reduce the flame to low-medium.
15. Drop a tablespoon of batter to the Pan.
16. Keep turning the unniyappams in between, until you get a golden-dark brown colour on both sides.
17. Drain excess oil on tissue paper.
18. Your hot unniyappams is ready to be served.