How to prepare Kerala Mutton Gravy?
Kerala Mutton Gravy is different spicy taste which is specially famous in Kerala. You can easily prepare this recipe in your home itself. You just need to follow simple procedure. Read here about prepare method of Kerala Mutton Gravy.
The spicy mutton curry is one of the Kerala famous recipes. It's very easy to prepare it will hardly take 10 minutes to prepare and the cooking time will be 30 to 40 minutes. It's a spicy recipe where we can serve it with with rice/chapthi/pathiri.
1. Mutton – ½ kg, cut into medium size pieces
2. To roast and grind
3. Coconut – ¾ cup
4. Whole coriander (kothamalli)- 1 tbsp
5. Dry red chilli – 4
6. Whole black pepper – 1¼ tsp
7. Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam) – ½ tsp
8. Cloves – 3
9. Cinnamon – a small piece
10. Pearl/Small onion – 3, sliced
11. Curry leaves – 6
12. For masala
13. Onion – 3 medium-big, sliced
14. Crushed/grated ginger and garlic – 1½ tsp each
15. Chilli powder – 1 tsp
16. Tomato – 1 medium -big, sliced
18. Oil – I used coconut oil
19. To temper
20. Pearl/small onion – 4, sliced
21. Curry leaves
1. Take some coconut, whole coriander, dry red chilli, whole black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, pearl onion, fennel seeds, curry leaves and keep it separately.
2. Take a pan and add some oil in it.
3. Heat the oil in a low flam.
4. Add some coconut, whole coriander, dry red chilli, whole black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, pearl onion, fennel seeds, curry leaves into the pan.
5. Fry till the coconut turns golden brown.
6. Remove the pan from the flam and let it cool for some time.
7. After it gets cold grind the same without adding water.
8. Keep the grind thing aside.
9. Take a pressure cooker and add some oil in it and add sliced onions.
10. Fry the onions until it turns into golden brown.
11. Add some ginger and garlic; into the pressure cooker cook it for 2-3 minutes untill the raw smell goes.
12. Now add the sliced tomato and cook until it turns into soft.
13. Add cleaned mutton pieces and mix well, and add 2 cups of hot water and pressure cook till the mutton is done.
14. Add ¼ cup of hot water into the ground masala and mix it well.
15. Add it to the cooked mutton and keep it on a low flame for 5-10 minutes.
16. Add some oil in a pan and add sliced pearl/small onion and curry leaves.
17. Fry till the onions turn golden brown.
18. Add pepper powder and coriander leaves and mix it well.
19. Your spicy mutton curry is ready to be served.