Mar Baselios Institute of Technology and Science (MBITS) is one among the new emerging colleges in Kerala. It was established in 2009 with a total of 4 branches in U.G. level and has achieved great heights within the limited years. The college is under the auspices of Mar Thoma Cheria Pally,Kothamangalam, which is one of the oldest pilgrimages with enormous number of devotees from across the globe. This college is affiliated to 'Mahatma Gandhi university, Kottayam', with the approval of 'All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Dr. Paulose M.M. is the principlal of this college. He got B.Sc. engineering in mechanical branch from Kerala university in 1983 and completed M.Tech in 1993 from IIT madras. In 2007 he got his Ph.D from Cochin university for science and technology. Then started his career from M.A. college of engineering in 1984.
The institute is blessed with highly qualified faculties, top class infrastructures, and other facilities. The campus which spreads over 11 acres of land is located close to the National Highway near Nellimattom and is easy to reach here by road. "Mr. Mathew. K. Varghese (Binu)" - Chairman, "Mr. C.I. Eldhose" - Secretary, "Mr. Benny Abraham" - Treasurer and six board members all together comprises the 2014 governing board of directors. "Prof. P.M. George" is the director of the institution.
The college aims not only in the academic career of the students but also in their co-curricular activities. Arts (Rythm) are conducted every year in which students take part in dance, mime, skit, music, etc. with professionalism. The college provides separate courts for most of the games in order to improve those students who have a passion towards sports and games.
Tech-fests are conducted in the college to improve the technical skills of students. "Karnak" was the tech-fest held during 9, 10 and 11 of February 2012 in which robowar, bike stunning and other exciting events were held. Students have the opportunity to take part in events that are conducted in IITs, NITs and aided colleges to improve their overall skills. Trainings are given to all students to boost their confidence level, communication skills, technical skills and much more.
Training and Placement Cell MBITS has a fully fledged training and placement cell. "Pro. Alicekutty Philip", HOD, EEE dept, is in charge of the training and placement cell. They have managed to give maximum jobs possible within the limited years and the graph keeps on growing. The college is proud to give 60% placements for the first BTech batch. Its objective is to develop soft skills through training, mock interviews, group discussions, conducts aptitude tests, arrange industrial visits, always keeps the students in touch with growing industries, and much more. The college strives hard for much better opportunities in future.
Admissions to MBITS Admissions to MBITS is strictly based on merit. 50% of the seats are allotted by the entrance commissioner through the common entrance examination conducted by the Government of Kerala. The students who qualify for the entrance examination and has a minimum of 50% marks for PCM in aggregate with 50% marks for mathematics separately are eligible for the college merit admissions. Scholarships and tuition fee waver schemes are given for the students who got top marks in plus two or entrance.
Inventions of MBITSMany inventions have been done by the students of MBITS over the past few years. It includes submarine, foldable bicycle, air compressed motorcycle, coconut squeezer, anti-rollback system, manual arrowroot grinder, and many more. There is full facilities and freedom to elaborate the thoughts of students and come up with a new unique invention. College is proud of "Mr. Basil. Kurian" of mechanical branch to be patented for his invention.
Facilities of MBITS1) Computer Lab: The college has top class computer labs for each branch separately with a large browsing room for all students. Students can use the lab at any time and are always kept open. New software, hardware and well developed network is provided for the students to learn new things and keeps them updated with the changes happening in their field.
2) Library: This is the most attractive and key spot of the college. Library is the most peaceful and calm place for the students to hangout with the world of books. College library is well furnished with all sorts of books essential for students. Students can extend their permitted time by renewing or with small dues.
3) Hostel Facilities: College has arranged girls hostel inside the campus itself and separate private hostels for boys are arranged outside the campus under the supervision of the college. Girls hostel is a nine storied block with elevator and other top class facilities. With the care, comfort and calmness, students will get a homely feeling while in hostel.
4) Sports and Games: The college concentrates not only in the academic excellence but also in the physical fitness of students. College has good quality courts for playing badminton, basketball, volleyball and separate football ground within the campus.
5) Other facilities: Well furnished and modern equipments with fully fledged labs for all branches. Seminar halls with audio visual facilities are provided for training the students, conducting big events, club programs, soft skill developments etc. College has a decent canteen with good quality food and snacks. Students can buy any gadgets needed during class section from the college store.
Engineering Seats1) Mechanical Engineering (120 seats): This is the most demanding and popular branch of engineering as it provides wide range of jobs and opportunities throughout the globe. "Dr. P.S. Jamal Muhammed", M.Tech, Ph.D, MCI, MISTE, is the HOD of mechanical department and has great experience in this field. He started his career as a lecturer of the College of Engineering, Trivandrum (CET) and has managed to achieve some serious growth for the branch.
2) Civil Engineering (120 seats): This is the oldest branch of engineering and has great scope in fields like structural engineering, water resource engineering, earthquake engineering, coastal engineering, geotechnical engineering, etc. "Pro. M.V. George", MSc.Eng, is the HOD of civil department. He retired from Mar-Athanasios College as HOD in civil engineering and also worked in Ilahia college of engineering and technology as HOD in civil engineering.
3) Electrical and Electronics Engineering (60 seats): This branch was formed in the year 1969 - 70 by linking the existing 'Electronics Engineering' and 'Electrical Engineering' branches. MBITS assures great placements for this field and this college trains all the students from year one itself to attain excellence. "Prof. Alicekutty Philip" is the HOD of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. She was graduated in the year 1984 from Anna University. She completed 30 years successfully in the field of teaching and also has 4 years experience as HOD of EEE. She also worked in Mar-Athanasios college of engineering as office in charge of placement.
4) Electronics and Communication Engineering (60 seats):The course deals with the transmission or communication of information through different cables, optical fibres, etc. and also with all sorts of electronic devices which are essential in day to day life like IC's, MP3 players, transistors, mobiles, television, etc. "Prof. Johny Joseph" is the HOD of Electronics and Communication Engineering. He retired from M.A. College of Engineering as HOD of this department and has six years of experience as lecturer in govt. engineering college of Sultanate of Oman.
5) Computer Science and Engineering (60 seats):This branch has great scope and includes the study of both hardware and software, its management, design and to realize its technical specification. Due to the great boom in the computer industry over the past few years, students can grab opportunities from top class companies. "Prof. P.M. George" is the director of MBITS as well as the HOD of this department. He was graduated in 1967 from M.A. College of Engineering and joined as lecturer their itself for some years. He acquired his M.Tech degree in 1976 from IIT, Madras, worked as HOD of computer science in 'M.A. College' and 'Ilahia College of Engineering'.
Mar Baselios Institute of Technology and Science (MBITS) is now one among the emerging institutions in Kerala and endeavours hard to climb up the table of excellence. The college with the top ranked faculties and high class infrastructure assures students a bright future.
AddressMar Baselios Institute of Technology and Science (MBITS),
Nellimattom P.O. Kothamangalam,
Ernakulam District, Kerala.
PIN - 686693
Phone: 0485 - 2837801 / 0485 - 3258584
Fax: 0485 - 2837830
Email id: email@example.com