Prawn Pickle Recipe (Chemmeen Achar)
Prawn - 500gm
Kashmiri chilly powder - 11/2 tablespoon
Small onion (chopped) - 400gm
Turmeric powder - 1spoon
Garlic - 100gm
Green chilly (chopped) - 10
Vinegar - 1tablespoon
Fennel powder - 1spoon
Salt - To taste
Oil - 4 table spoon
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
• Marinate prawn with ½ table spoon Chilly powder, Turmeric powder, 1 tea spoon Vinegar and salt. Leave for 15 minutes.
• Heat oil in a pan. Fry prawn and curry leaves. Drain and keep aside.
• Sauté small onion and green chilly in the same oil till onion becomes transparent. Add garlic and sauté till it becomes Golden brown colour.
• Add 1 table spoon of chilly powder. Sauté well. Add fennel powder and vinegar.
• Add Fried prawn and curry leaves. You can add some more salt if required.
Delicious prawn pickle is ready.
More articles: Kerala Recipe