Here is given the recipes of ginger pickle, mango pickle, chicken pickle dates pickle, mussel pickle, Elimbanpuli pickle, brinjal pickle in Kerala’s traditional methods. It is very easy to make and is very tasty. Pickles have a great position on our dining table. We can try pickles in different tastes in Kerala’s traditional methods.
Ingredients for ginger pickle
1. Ginger – ¼ kg
2. Refined oil- 1 cup
3. Mustard – 1 small spoon
4. Garlic – 2 big spoon
5. Vinegar – 2 big spoon
6. Salt – to taste
7. Turmeric powder – 1 small spoon
8. Chilly powder - big spoon
9. Asafetida – a piece
10. Cumin seed grinded- a big spoon
Preparation Method of ginger pickle
1. Cut the ginger in to ¼ inch size
2. Heat the refined oil in a deep pan and fry the mustard then add garlic and stir continuously.
3. Make the mixture of one big spoon vinegar with salt, chilly powder, and cumin seed powder and add this mixture to ginger.
4. Make the mixture other one spoon vinegar with asafetida and add it to ginger and stir continuously.
5. After 5 mnts remove the pan from heat keep the pickle in a dry bottle.
Dried Mango Pickle
Ingredients for dried mango pickle
1. Asafetida powder - small spoon
2. Mustard peas – 1 small spoon
3. Fenugreek seed powder- 4 small spoon
4. Chilly Powder – 8 small spoon
5. Salt – to taste
6. Pepper - 2 small spoon
7. Mango- 1 kg
8. Dates – ½ kg
9. Cashew nuts- 150gm
10. Sugar candy – ¼ kg
11. Refined oil – 200gm
Preparation Method of dried mango pickle
1. Cut the mangoes in to 1 ½ inches size mix it with salt and turmeric powder and dry it on sunlight for two days.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan, after heating removes this pan from heat and add pepper.
3. Then add Asafetida powder, mustard peas, fenugreek seed powder and chilly powder, stirring continuously keep this gravy in a pan.
4. Heat some oil in a pan and add seedless dates, still continuously after 2 to 3 mnts take the dates from oil.
5. After removing dates the remaining oil is mix with sugar candy for making the mixture of sugar candy.
6. After making sugar candy mixture remove the pan from heat then add dried mangoes, dates and Cashew nuts and mix it very well.
7. Then add the gravy ,that we have made before, and mix it well
8. Allow this mixture to cooling on room temperature for one day
9. Keep this mixture in pot and close tightly.
Ingredients for chicken pickle
1. Boneless chicken cut in to inch size – ½ kg
2. Turmeric powder- ¼ small spoon
Chilly powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – to taste
Lemon juice - 1 small spoon
Vinegar- 1 small spoon
3. Refined oil – 1 cup
4. Garlic sliced- 4 big spoon
Ginger minced- 1 big spoon
5. Vinegar- 1 cup
6. Turmeric Powder – ½ small spoon
Chilly powder – 1 small spoon
Cumin seed powder- 1 small spoon
Asafetida powder- ¼ of a small spoon
Fenugreek seed powder- ½ of a small spoon
7. Big cumin seed powder- ¼ of a small spoon
Preparation Method of Chicken pickle
1. Mix the ingredients 1 and 2 very well and keep this mixture for 1 hour.
2. After one hour heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces until red color, then remove these pieces from oil.
3. Take half portion of 4th ingredients add it in to oil and stir continuously, make the paste of remaining half portion of 4th ingredients and mix it with a small spoon vinegar then add this mixture in to pan and stir well.
4. Mix the 6th ingredients with ½ cup vinegar then mix it to the pan and stir very well, then add fried chicken pieces in to this gravy and allow cooking in low flame for 10 mnts.
6. Finally add 7th indredients, allow to cooling in room temperature and keep the pickle in a dry pot.
Ingredients for dates pickle
1. Seedless dates – ½ kg
2. Chilly powder- 1 big spoon
3. Garlic – 8 to 12 Nos
4. Ginger – 2 small pieces
5. Cumin seeds- ½ small spoon
6. Mustard – ½ of small spoon
7. Sugar – ½ cup
8. Refined oil – ½ cup
9. Vinegar – 1cup
10. Boiled cool water- as per required
11. Salt – to taste
Preparation method of dates pickle
1. Make the paste of one piece ginger with half portion of garlic.
2. Make the paste of chilly powder, mustard and cumin seeds.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan adds the pastes that we made before and stir it very well
4. Then add remaining garlic and ginger (sliced) and allow to stirring
5. Add vinegar, salt and water to this mixture and allow to boiling
6. Add seedless dates to this mixture and remove the pan from heat, then add sugar after cooling keeps it in a dry pot.
Ingredients for mussel pickle
1. Mussel – 100 Nos
2. Chilly Powder – 3 small spoon
Turmeric powder- ½ of small spoon
Salt- to taste
3. Red chilly whole – ¾ cup
Turmeric powder – ½ of small spoon
Cumin seed- ½ of small spoon
Fenugreek seed- ½ of small spoon
Tomato red colored – 3 Nos
4. Green chilly – 12 Nos
Ginger cut in to small pieces- 1 small spoon
Garlic sliced- 20 Nos
Mustard – ½ of small spoon
Curry leaves – for taste
5. Salt - to taste
Vinegar – 2 cup
6. Refined oil – 125 ml
Preparation method of mussel pickle
1. Remove the shell of mussels
2. Mix the second ingredients with meat and allow warming on the sunlight and then frying the meat in refined oil, remove the fried meat from oil.
3. Make the paste of 3rd ingredients using vinegar.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan and add 4th ingredients one by one and allow frying until brown color.
5. Then add the paste of 3rd ingredients with this mixture and stir it continuously.
6. Add some water and allow boiling until the mixture become free of water then add the remaining vinegar and salt.
7. Stir the mixture very well and remove the pan from heat. After cooling on room temperature keep the pickle in dry pot.
Ingredients for Brinjal pickle
1. Brinjal – ½ kg
2. Chilly powder – ¼ cup
3. Ginger – ¼ cup
4. Garlic- ¼ cup
5. Turmeric powder- 1 small spoon
6. Vinegar- ¾ cup
7. Sugar- ½ cup
8. Refined oil- ½ cup
9. Fenugreek seeds, mustard, oil and pepper- 1small spoon of each
10. Salt- to taste
11. Curry leaves- to taste
Preparation method of Brinjal pickle
1. Cut the brinjal into 1 ½ inches and keep it in salt water
2. Make the paste of chilly powder, Turmeric powder, ginger and half portion of garlic with little amount of vinegar
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry 9th to 10th ingredients then add the paste, that we have made before, stir it very well
4. Take pieces of Brinjal form salt water and wipe it using a cloth to remove water.
5. Add the Brinjal in to pan with remaining garlic and stir well and allow cooking for few minutes. Then add the remaining vinegar and sugar to this mixture. The Brinjal pickle is ready.
1. Elimbanpuli mix with salt and slightly dry under sunlight- 1 ½ kg
2. Refined oil – 1 kg
3. Garlic – 3 big spoons
Ginger – 3 big spoons
Cumin seeds – ½ big spoon
Fenugreek seeds – ¾ big spoon
Mustard - big spoon
4. Chilly powder- 4 big spoon
Turmeric powder - small spoon
5. Vinegar – ¾ cup
6. Cashew nuts and dried grapes- ¾ cup
7. Sugar – 1 ½ cup
Preparation method of Elumbanpuli Pickle
1. Make the paste of third ingredients with Vinegar
2. Heat oil in a deep pan then mix the paste and stir well
3. Add turmeric powder and chilly powder to the pan and stir continuously.
4. Mix the Elimbanpuli, salt, cashew nuts and dried grapes, and sugar and mix very well. Keep the pickle in a dry pot.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...