Poet K. Satchidanandan - Profile and Biography
Profile and biography of Poet K. Satchidanandan is given here. Poet K. Satchidanandan is a Malayalam poet and a man who had been nominated for Nobel prize in literature. We provide poems, novels essays, drama, travelogue, translation work from K. Satchidanandan. Awards won by Satchidanandan is also include here. Personal life of K. Satchidanandan is also included here.
Poet K. Satchidanandan is a famous Indian and Malayalam poet. He is a second poet from Kerala to be nominated for Nobel price in literature. He has written many poetry, essays, travelogues and drama. Satchidanandan was also famous for his translation work. He has translated some of world famous works in his own style.
Personal life of Poet K. Satchidanandan
Poet K. Satchidanandan was born on May 28, 1946 at Thrissur district in Pullot village. The educational life of Poet K. Satchidanandan starts at the village schools in Thrissur. Later he joined Christ College by taking Biology and completed his educational life by taking masters degree in English. K. Satchidanandan also achieved to get PhD in Post-structuralism poetics from Calicut University.
Later he served as a college professor in English for about 25 years at K.K.T.M. College and Christ College. After his long teaching life Satchidanandan became the editor of Indian literature magazine published by national literature academy of India (Kendra Sahitya Akademi). Satchidanandan also became the academic secretary from 1996 to 2006. At present Satchidanandan is professor and head of translation department of Indira Gandhi Open University.
K. Satchidanandan was also a good criticizer. He is the pioneers of modern poetry. K. Satchidanandan always tries to involve in social issues personally and through his poems and essays. His visit to Ayodhya during the destruction of Babri Masjid shows his social awareness. K. Satchidanandan was also a follower of left political parties in Kerala. He was an active participant of Desabhimani Study Circle and Kerala Sasthra Sahitya Parishad.
7 c, Neethi Apartment
K. Satchidanandan as a Writer
K. Satchidanandan is able to create his own name in Malayalam literature and Indian literature. K. Satchidanandan has a collection of about 22 poetry. Famous among them are Anju sooryan, Eyuthachanayuthumbol, Peedanakalam, Venalmaya, Ivanekoodi, Veedumattam, Malayalam, Apoornam, Sambashanathinoru Sramam, Vikk and Sakshyangal Thudangi.
K. Satchidanandan has also written about 15 essays. The famous among these are Kurukshethram, Samvadangal Sameepanangal, Samskarathinte Rashtriyam, Veenduvicharangal, Marksiyan Soundarya shasthram: Oru mugavara. K. Satchidanandan has also used his pen for writing Drama. The two plays written by Satchidanandan are Gandhi and Shakthan Thampuran and Travelogue written by him are Lokam pala kalam and Munnu yathra. He has also translated his own poems into English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese, Oria, Urdu, Punjabi, French and Italian. Satchidanandan also translated the works of world famous writers like Pablo Neruda and Antonio Gramsci in his own style and give a chance for Malayalees to enjoy their works.
Call +91 8138875600 for details
Awards won by Poet K. Satchidanandan
K. Satchidanandan was able to get many awards for his literary works. Satchidanandan has got Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for his work in poetry, Drama, Essays and Travelogue. Other famous awards won by Satchidanandan are Ashan Award, Odakuyal prize and Ullor Award. Satchidanandan was also nominated for Nobel Prize in literature at 2011. The awards won by Satchidanandan in different years are given below.
• Kerala Sahitya Akademi C.B. Kumar Award for Essays, Kerala, 1984.
• The Best Public Observer Prize, Indian Youth Association, Kerala, 1986.
• Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Poetry, Kerala, 1989.
• Sreekant Verma Fellowship for Poetry Translation, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh, 1990
• Oman Cultural Centre Award for Total Literary Contribution, Oman U.A.E., 1993.
• Mahakavi Ulloor Award for Poetry, Kerala, 1996.
• Mahakavi P. Kunhiraman Nair Award for Poetry, Kerala, 1997.
• Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad Samvatsar Award for Poetry, Kolkata, 1998.
• Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Drama, Kerala, 1999
• Senior Fellowship from Department of Culture, Govt. of India, 1999
• Ganakrishti Puraskar for Poetry, Kolkata, 2000
• Kumaran Asan Award for Poetry, Chennai, 2000
• Odakkuzhal Award for Poetry, Kerala, 2001
• Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Travelogue, Kerala, 2001
• Manaveeyam Cultural Mission (Govt. of Kerala) memento for 'Service to Humanity through Literature', 2001.
• Bahrain Kerala Samaj Award for Total Literary Contribution, Bahrain, U.A.E., 2002
• Gangadhar Meher National Award for Poetry, Sambalpur University, Orissa 2002
• Pandalam Kerala Verma Award for Poetry, Kerala in 2005
• Bappureddy National Award for Literature, Hyderabad, A.P. in 2005
• Vayalar Award for Poetry, Kerala in 2005
• Friendship Medal, Govt. of Poland in 2005
• Sahityasree, Hindi Sammelan, Delhi in 2006
• Knighthood of the Order of Merit, Govt. of Italy in 2006
• Sree Kerala Varma Sahitya Puraskaram in 2006
• K. Kuttikrishnan Memorial Award for Poetry, Kerala in 2007
• Subrahmanya Shenoi Memorial Award for Total Literary Contribution in 2008
• Kadammanitta Ramakrishnan Memorial Award from Bahrain in 2009
• Kerala Sahithya Akademi Award for Translation in 2009