You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

For which thing Kerala is famous most?

Hi...

I want to know about Most Famous thing in Kerala.

Let us Discuss about it.

With Regards,

Gopal Singh Rawat
    SPK(SplderKerala)
    When we hear the name Kerala, the first thing that strikes in the mind will be her 'natural beauty'. This is a green state. If you look down from a plane you will see a green canopy stretched above the whole area of Kerala.That is why the State is called as the 'God's own country'. (In a sense God is Nature). There are several beauty spots in Kerala, where tourists visit regularly.

Next thing about Kerala is the Festivals connected with different temples. "Thrissur Pooram" is world famous and attracts thousands of people from inside and outside the State as well as from foreign countries. The elephants' procession and the fire works are always sited as unique. The performance of hundreds of percussionists are also highly commented.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Hello Sir T.M.Sankaran

Firstly I want to thankful to you give response on this wide topic "For which thing Kerala is famous most". You have mentioned that Kerala is famous for it's "natural beauty". Really I am satisfied with you that Kerala is so beautiful for it's natural and green beauty. It is very interesting that Kerala is also called as "God's own country". You are taking about several beauty spot so please detail them.
    Yes I know that Kerala is also famous for it's festivals like you have told us "Thrissur Pooram". I want to share some about this temple "Thrissur Pooram". "Thrissur Pooram" is called "the pooram of all poorams" (festival). It is the biggest of all poorams held in Kerala state. The Thrissur pooram, is celebrated every year in the month of Medam (mid-April to mid-may) as per the malayalam calendar. Thrissur Pooram is celebrated at of the Vadakkunnathan Temple, situated on a hillock (Thekkinkadu maidan).

Well anyone member want to share his thoughts against this topic then share.

With Regards

Gopal Singh Rawat
    SPK(SpiderKerala).

Kerala is famous for many things. Firstly the very name of Kerala is derived from the Kera Vriksha (Coconut tree). Secondly it is known as god's own county. Thirdly it is known for its natural beauty. Fourthly for its unique natural specialties like the plants of 'Nenthran Banana, Jackfruit, Coconut, Plantain and scenic beauties like wild life sanctuaries to be visited through lakes - boats instead of land vehicles, Back waters, Hill resorts and such other things.
    With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

In my opinion, the above statements refers to kerala about some time past. Nowadays kerala is famous for unemployment among youths, (rather unwillingness towards available jobs), tendency to be in a state of intoxication either by liquor or drugs, readiness to accept any unfair means to earn money.

Creating opportunity for them to earn their own, could be a treatment for this. Engaging them in some work. Educating about such social evils, may some time result well.

Well, what I would like to add here is something that I have heard from all of my north indian friends who have visited Kerala, ow they and that is, "hospitality" of keralites. I have heard them saying very good opinion about the auto rickshaw drivers and taxi drivers - how they took care of them, how reasonable the charges were, helped them in carrying their luggage and guiding them in their travel. Not even a single person, i know of, has complained about them when i have had very bad experiences with auto and taxi drivers from other states. I think hospitality of keralites is on thing that should be highlighted.

Hai
    kERALA is God'S OWN COUNTRY. we are rich in every thing.we can be proud of it

Proud to be a Keralite immersed in cultural values taught to us by our forefathers (which is now a days missing). This small State is opulent in natural beauty, cultural and historical activities, annual features etc. This is a Literate State where every one tries to get a glimpse of the daily newspaper prior to their leaving for the job - irrespective of its nature. Where else one can see people in small tea shops sit to hear the Newspaper read loudly by one person ? Of course, these are only on one side of the coin. More and more vices with the greed for quick money has become the curse in youth (not in general, though) which may lead to spoil the State's stature.
    Sreekumar Nair
    Trichur

"Proud to be an indian"

NO & YES are two short words, which need a long thought..., most of the things we miss in life are due to saying NO too soon or YES too late. Have a great day.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.