You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Events

Vishu Greetings

Hello members,

I would like to wish all of you a very happy Vishu festival.

I honestly did not know any details about this unique festival of Kerala, although I am familiar with other similar festivals which usher in the New Year in various communities.

I was enlightened about this lovely Vishu festival through the resource article of Lakshmi ramdas. It was very well-written and informative. Thank you, Lakshmi. You have immense potential to become a very good writer. I think the Webmaster needs to guide you on how to use sub-headings and keywords to bring even more traffic to your pages.

Members, join me in greeting everyone by posting Vishu Greetings in this thread.
    Happy VISHU to you too, Vandana.
    I have responded in another thread related to Vishu by giving some details on this celebration. Perhaps, it is unique to Kerala. Children enjoy it always, because of the crackers and the related presents (Kaineettam).
    This Vishu always brings nostalgic memories to me. My mother used to give 'two anas'(eqivalent to 12 paise)as vishu kaineettam (Vishu present) to all of us in our childhood. We make use of this gift to buy more crackers!!

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

I have given new submission under 'Kerala Special'/Festival, on vishu and vhus kani.
    I have also responded to a thread on 'Significance of Vishu'.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.