You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Events

My village of temple

My village have severa temple .It situated in thiruvanthapuram city. My village name is peyad. Yearly one time temples have festivaj, the mahakali temple have chattaadi(taking hard rope beat himself body) it believes that time god bhadrakaali enters his body, he began to chattaadi no wounds happen in his body it was amazing
    The offering explained by Sri Suresh Nair is a rare one in Kerala. But this practice is widely prevailing in Mumbai and Maharashtra.

There, like the komarams (velichappads) of our kerala temples the persons with the chouk (Chatta) made of threads pleated and a Mandapam like box with a Laksmi photo inside will go from house o house during the harvest season and collect the offerings . They will beat themselves with the Chaata all over their body. They are called the Kadak Lakshmi.

But in kerala and Tamilnad the practice of piercing the cheek and thrusting a spear as an offering to Murugan is of a similar category.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

In Kerala there are a few places where this type of offering is followed. I have seen such functions telecast in certain channels. I do not remember the names of the temples or places. Among Muslims also some similar rites exist, if I am right.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.