You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Regarding Career In Electrical & Electronics Engineering Field

Hi,

Am Divya. I have done B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering 2009 batch. Now I am working in a Electrical contracting company from past 8 months. Though i had got placement in Infosys Technologies i did not like the work and left Infy within 3 months itself. Now i have the experience in my field. But here in contracting company is there any chance of achieving good career? If so how and if not what is the solution. Kindly suggest me what can be done next like if there are some courses also can be suggested. Am confused ..

Thank You
    You have stated that you were with Infosys for three months and found it to be unsuitable for you and left to join an electrical contracting company. For the overwhelming people, getting a job in Infosys is like a dream fulfilled. But to you it was otherwise.

Similarly, about your present employer, it will be difficult for an outside to give an assessment. You have to see the companies activities, with whom they have contracts, what is the volume, whether they have only work connected with electricity, what is the chance of expansion etc to decide about your future progress or stagnation in the company.

On the basis of information in your query, this is mainly a company dealing in electrical jobs where as you have graduated in electrical and electronics. According to my understanding the present company is only a contracting company and that means it is having only limited scope f activity and chance of expansion. Therefore your chances of coming up in the present employment is not bright.

You can go through the vacancy posts in the media and find a suitable company which is having openings for your talents and is also of a medium stature if not large so that you can progress with the progress of the company.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. There is a saying that The trouble with a rat race is Even if u win, u are still a "Rat"and I did not want to be the Rat. Even though i could have done Computer Science, i chose Electrical. There should be some difference in life. And may be right now as you suggested i guess i have to check up. But here in small companies we get to learn a lot. Regarding the company it has got good projects. So as you said i should look out for more of expansion side or should go with the progress of the company.

Regards
    Divya

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.