You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Sweet and nutritious pineapple

In the Ernakulam district of Kerala there is a place called Vazhakkulam (near to Perumbavur). This place is famous for the sweet and nutritious fruit, Pineapple. The pineapple from this place is exported to other States. Maharashtra is the State which buys maximum quantity of this fruit. Other southern states also buy them.
    This place is sometimes referred as the 'Pineapple Republic' because it is one of the top production centres of this fruit in Asia itself. Because of this the place has been recognised globally and given the geographical Indication (GI) status.

The present production figure is around 3.25 lakh tonnes.
    I came to know about this from a cousin of mine. He was doing some export activities of different items like vegetable, fruits and pulses etc to Gulf. Once during his visit to me he has told that he got an order for huge quantity of Pineapple. He informed that a special variety of Pineapple is available near Ernakulam and is going there to order of the fruits.
    With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

Nice to hear that because of high quality pineapple production and export, one place of our state has been recognized globally . Kerala -The land of kera trees- is facing many problems in coconut cultivation.

Sujatha

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.