You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Events

Music Master Johnson Passes away

Johnson was born on 26 March 1953 at Nellikkunnu, Thrissur, Kerala. His parents are Antony and Mary. The family is one some musical background and well to do. He was a singer i the choir of the church of his native place S Sebastian Church. During college days he used to participate in competitions, youth festivals etc for singing and orchestra. He has training in Harmonium and Guitar.

Johnson and his friends together formed a Music club with the name 'Voice of Thrissur' in 1968. Soon after this club was famous and was sought after by many and the number of performers rose to about 50. This club was a regular accompaniment for the Jayachandran and Madhuri team wherever they perform. Then Johnson came in contact with Devarajan master and A R Rahman' father Sekhar and later began assisting Devarajan master. Since then he had no occassion to look back. He had done music to many hit films and he had composed lyrics also.

He has received National awards for film music twice and 5 times the state awards. Apart from these he has received many other awards from private functions.

Let condole the death of Johnson Master. May his soul rest in peace.
    Its really a sad moment for malayalees who loved to hear melodious songs from Johnson Master. Almost all songs composed by master is still in the lips of we keralites. Hearty Condolence at this moment to the master of music.
    With Regards
    Biju Cherian
    Webmaster-SPK(SpiderKerala)

It was a shocking news. I was watching some programme in a channel, yesterday, then this flash news started appearing in the bottom. I could not believe it, because there was no report about his illness or anything. Then came the explanation that the death was due to heart attack. Though taken to hospital, he died on the way. Very, very unfortunate.
    Today's news says that police insisted on a post-mortom of the body, since the death occurred on the way.
    This is a great loss, anyway, to the lovers of music.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Our Great musician Johnson Master gone. Reality but it still unbelievable. How many melodies songs he composed, all are in mind with a sad feeling. Because our master gone but leaving that beautiful gifts to us.
    "Kanneer poovinte kavilil thalodi" our johnson master gone; to compose songs in an another world..

Thanks

I think he will be remembered for ever. His works will always remain sparkling because of the quality and originality of it.

I think it is a great impact to Malayalam film Industry.He can never substitute any person in the world.
    with regards,
    Ajmal

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.