You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Latest Kerala News

Rice at Rs.1 starts tomorrow

The distribution of the rice at Rs 1 per kg scheme for the below poverty line (BPL) families would begin from tomorrow onwards.Food and Civil Supplies inister T.M. Jacob today informed this.As part of the first phase around 20 lakh families would be supplied with the rice and during the second phase 32 lakh families. Defence Minister a.K Antony will inaugurate the scheme.
    It is a good scheme to provide rice at Re 1 per kg at 25 kgs per family per month for those who are below BPL. In the days when prices of every essential items are sky rocketing, it will be extremely difficult for BPL families. Food and water are the main items for life. Kerala on the whole is not deficient in water. So food at cheap or affordable rate is a welcome relief to the BPL families.

Along with the government should initiate action against hoarders, black marketers to keep the price rise in check for the benefit of all. Now only the middle men are benefited at the cost of the middle class and poor people. The others have no problem as they can pass on their burden to the poor and middle class.

With Regards
    Ramanathan A R

Delete Attachment

It is really a good scheme to give rice for 1 Re to the BPL families as price rise is one of the major problems of today.The Govt should take necessary steps to see that it is properly implemented in all places and the quality of rice is good so that all the deserving get benefited.

I am very happy with these news, because this scheme is very help full to more than 20 lakh families in BPL category.First of all I Congratulate Mr:Chandy sir for given permission for this .I hope such type of good movements again can see in coming days.

I support this scheme at all costs. I am happy to see this scheme came into action.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.