You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Discuss: Do you think UDF will win in the coming bielection in the piravam constituency?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Do you think UDF will win in the coming bielection in the piravam constituency?'.
    I think the UDF will win the by-election. Since Piravom is a strong fort of the Kerala Congress supporters, they have a big advantage.

It is going to be tight contest. Even last time late T.M.Jacob just had managed with thin majority. Now the picture created by the ruling front is not so attractive, especially the unwanted comments by a minister and an MLA have made things complicated for the UDF. Anyway, under Kerala context anything can happen within a couple of months and picture may change. The hike in petrol prices also is not a positive thing for UDF.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

I too think Congress will win in Piravom by-election. May be the competition is tight. But people cannot forget T. M Jacob as soon. So as a dedication for him people may vote for his party in the by - election. I am not prejudicing the people's mind, but I think so.
    Also the campaign and competition will be going to be tight because both the parties have their own subjects to campaign.
    Anyways waiting for the competition and result..

Regards

Piravam is going to be tough fight my reasons are given below
    1)Many panchayats in piravom are left dominated
    2)Sympathy factor will not work for UDF (people in kerala wont vote based on symapthy)
    3)Petrol price,balakrishna pillai release, Nirmal Madhav Issue,and recent suicides of farmers, PC george comments are going to work against UDF
    4)Many people have a belief that LDF had to come in power in MAY 2011 election but people were cheated by media (many medias predicted 90+ seats for UDF. so some people may have voted for UDF last time believing media and they may vote against UDF)
    5)If KC(J) does not win this election, it will be end of that party ( which is good for UDF in next election) and UDF can give birth to two more ministers probably Manjalam kuzhi ali and Muraleedharan.
    So guys in UDF itself will try to defeat KC (J)

UDF surely win from Piravam because Anoop Jacob is the UDF Candidate in Piravam. But i think he will not consider as minister role, this role will give to another Parties like IUML etc

With regards
    Ajmal

Even UDF is not so confident about winning Piravom Back. ie why PP Thankachan said Piravom results are not an indication of the performance of the government. People know that the reasons for the troubles of the UDF government are caused by only UDF leaders not by LDF.Release of Pilla is going to cost a lot for UDF also they are going to regret for the comments made against VS by PC george and Ganesh Kumar.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.