You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Kerala, the Land of Ayurveda

Kerala possesses an unbroken tradition of Ayurveda that has surpassed many invasions and intrusions both foreign and native. For hundreds of years the Ayurveda Vaidyas were the only access for people seeking healing from every kind of disease in Kerala. Unlike the other Indian states the status of Ayurveda in Kerala is not alternative but mainstream. In fact, today, Kerala is the only State in India which practices this system of medicine with absolute dedication.
    Perfectly, okay, God Gift!

Somewhere I have read that, consuming a teaspoon of Satavari or Ashwagandha syrup protects a person from any illness for always. Even it treats cancer, why don't try with advice of physican to have in daily menu?

This is a gift from the God, might be from Hanumanji!

Ayurveda the traditional herbal treatment arresting the degeneration of the body cells and immunization of the system. Specially prepared ayurveda herbal oil is useful for Rheumatic diseases like Arthritis,Paralysis..etc
    Ayurveda Mana, Kairali Ayurvedic Resorts are popular kerala ayurvedic resorts.

Ayurveda is a traditional system of medicine practiced in India. Ashtangahridaya, Susrutha samhitha, Sahasrayoga, etc. are some of the authentic texts dealing with various aspects of this medical system.

In Kerala, there used to have various families practicing this system. Ashtavaidya families are one such section of Ayurveda physicians. Many of the families among them are now extinct and only a few of them are at it. Now since Ayurveda is taught through Colleges and many take degrees in it practicing physicians are available throughout the State.

One major problem is the non-availability of real ingredients for the preparation of ayurvedic medicines. Medicinal plants are not available to satisfy the needs of so many Oushadhasalas. Only very few of them have got their own medical gardens. Even for them the production is not sufficient to meet their requirements.

Though a time tested system of medicine it needs more research and studies to continue in the field.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Ayurveda is really wonderful method to prevent from disease. Because most of peoples suffering from lots of disease. But if you go for Ayurveda process then your problem will be completely solved. The reason is that it is one of the traditional method in our India.

Kerala is one of the best and famous state for Ayurveda. So, If you wanna use this traditional method then you can for Kerala state which is famous for this process.

Hai all,
    I am very happy to see a post about ayurveda since I am studying BAMS. I am just sharing an information about the origin of ayurveda. Ashtangahrdaya says that Lord Brahma remembered Ayurveda. It indicates that Ayurveda was there before the time of Brahma. Ayurveda is having devine origin. In some contexts it is mentioned that it has no begining hence no end.

Alleppy & Kumarakom is the best places for Ayurveda. In the alleppy there is various hosptails are spacialized for Ayurveda. So go to Alleppy.

@Aswin Sreedhar , your explanation about ayurveda is relly excellent. Keep it up your contribution in forum section.

@amal, you are right Alleppy & Kumarakom is really great place for Ayurveda.

Hi,
    Its good to know that people are interested in Ayurveda. There have been a great decline in the mob consulting a 'vaidyan' mostly because they are skeptical on the success of such treatments. I'm surprised at how much we have been tricked and manipulated by the westerners who have stole away from our rich culture and land the blessing of Ayurveda! Chasing the fad we have been partial to our own culture and grew intolerant of our own knowledge!
    Think we Indians were barbarians who fought over land? Never, that's only what thoughtless English men used to turn us against our own knowledge.
    Its a shame that we doubted the capability of the carefully developed system that evolved over ages and have a history of more than a 1000 years of success, being listed in our sacred scriptures and gave away our full trust to those chemical combinations having God knows what side effects on us. Our hectic life demands faster results but we have to take concern over our general health too. I believe it is the lack of standardization in the combinations of medicines, the slow curing process of Ayurveda and lack of credibility in the physicians that the field faces such decline.
    It is highly disappointing that we turn to the west for help who actually makes these chemical combinations by decoding our scriptures that they have stolen from us . Well a lot more that I really want to argue on . This is such disrespect we show to our predecessors by patiently awaiting a cure from the west and never realizing that it is the same grass that we tramp on that is being mixed up into pills that lure our pockets than those natural green little packages of magical cure we have under our feet.

I really wish with all my heart that these brands in market who claim to have derived the secret of slimming and thinning and hair growing would stop using the caption word Ayurveda for their somehow made for manufacturing products as they are the main culprits in slamming down the name of Ayurveda down to the ground.

Yes, Gayathri. Jayakumar

Your suggestion is really great for us. Keep share your knowledge in forum section.

Hi,

I sure will. I'm a bit lost as I'm new to the site. Just joined today..

• Sign In to post your comments