You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

OZHIMURI:A PIECE OF ART FROM MADHUPAL

"Ozhimuri" is a word used in ancient law books.The word represents separation and divorce.

Here vetran director Sri.Madhupal used this word to present the story about the group of people living in the Kanyakumari district which was a part of ancient Thiruvithankoor.These People are neither considerd as malayalies by the people in Kerala nor considerd as tamilans by people in Tamilnadu.This film deals with the various problems faced by these people.In ancient times these people followed the "Marumakkathaya system" and women enjoyed a lot of power. During that time decisions were taken by women and it was implemented by men. But now they are following the "makkathaya system" and the women's status also changed . They have to face a lot of difficulties in mingling with people in other districts. Though this movie Madhupal is trying to picturise the various social and economic problems faced by these people.
    The main characters of this movie is acted by actor Lal and actress Sweatha Menon. lal is doing the role of a retired government employee and Sweatha is acting as his mother.The whole story is based on a novel.The language used in this movie is tamil because the people belong to this society is using tamil.
    Another interseting fact about this movie is the new faces entered through this movie.About sixty new faces are working in this film.They are selected through auditions.This movie will be a new experience for all of us.
    Mr.Madhupal has requested me to see the film and comment. I shall try to see the same soon. I extend the request to all here in this SPK family. Please do see this new attempt by Mr.Madhupal.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

'Ozhimuri' have already won attention through its simple yet meaningful stills and posters. The whole movie pictured with a tinge of yellow light salient in most of its shot already speaks of the separation and the withering away of relationships. Its been long since colour codes have been utilized in Malayalam Cinema. The film so far claims to be yet another project pioneering a change. Looks like the glory of Malayalam cinema is once again regaining its grandeur.

• Sign In to post your comments