You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Events

Mohanlal commissioned the tallest building in South India

A forty storey residential building having an area of about 2.5 lakh sq. feet has been commissioned at Tripunithura, near Kochi on Tuesday by actor Mohanlal.

The structure has been built in an area of 2.75 acres. It will withstand earth quakes to the intensity of 7.2 on the Richter scale, according to the owner. It took nearly five years time to complete the work. It has 132 two and three bedroom residential units.
    Oh my God! A specially custom made apartment for Actor Mohanlal, which can withstand earth quakes, that is unbelievable. Is he planning to give it out on rent or what else can he do with the 132 bedrooms. Money makes people wise or foolish? He had lot of money with him and wanted to spend it somehow, this is good creation, at-least when earth quake happens, people of Trivandrum district can quickly get into this apartment.

I am sorry to say that I have not mentioned in my posting that the building is owned by Mohanlal. It was only inaugurated by him. The building is actually constructed by 'Choice Group' owned by Mr.Jose Thomas of Kochi.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Innovative designs are coming up but as earthquake doesnt usually affect parts of Kerala there isn't much of an emergency need for such type of buildings here. Well I guess they can actually charge higher for each apartment with the earthquake withstanding structure they boast of. Earthquakes are not much of threat here so I don't find a point in such lavishness.

• Sign In to post your comments